• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

PSA XV15 Then XS30 Now

There are no Canadian subs, they can't power thru the ice. :teasing-tease:

...................................Speechless................................Just Speechless..........................................

Update!

So at Johns GTG we played with a Room Analyzer Spreadsheet that shows how 10Hz to 100Hz should react based on Room Size, Seating Position and Sub Position.

Based (no pun intended) on the graph of my Current State, I decided, last night after work to start to move the beast to a more desirable position based on changing the sub position in the spreadsheet. This position would be more near field; against the right wall adjacent to the Loveseat.

So after calibration and a lot of listening to both music and Blu Ray Demo Movie Scenes, I have come to the conclusion that the new location IS much better. Perfect, still not yet and maybe never, however it is better.

I wonder if adding another one on the other side would improve it even better?????

Barb says "GO FOR IT" I say "Let's see how big the tax return may be"

Just to note, I did also try the sub cat-e-corner in the right front, the performance there was the same as between the Center and RF under the screen (this is the original position). And yes, I did re-adjust the distance and calibration each time I moved it.

^Was that spreadsheet something you downloaded off the internetz? If so, can you provide a link, please?

Dang Heeman,

Is there no end to your level of suckiness???

Congrats brother I hope you enjoy it.

Having analyzed your room quite thoroughly, I am completely certain that the most ideal location for your sub is to place it about 5 feet above the floor, just 2 feet to the right and 1 foot in front of the ideal listening position. I know it will be a little inconvenient to place the sub there, but trust me, it will be amazing.

What you could do is either hang the sub from the ceiling using heaving steel cables or chains. Or, you could build a 5 foot tall platform to set it on.

If you go with two subs, one should be 3.5 feet above the floor exactly 2 feet in front of the listener and the other should be 1 foot feet below the floor and 18 inches behind and 4 feet to the left of the listener. THAT, my friend, will be a killer system.

Let me know if you have any questions.

CMonster said:
^Was that spreadsheet something you downloaded off the internetz? If so, can you provide a link, please?

John has it.....

I had it, after he emailed it to me back in August, I have lost it and requested that he send it to me again.

I thought you were there when we were playing around with it...............?

Flint said:
Having analyzed your room quite thoroughly, I am completely certain that the most ideal location for your sub is to place it about 5 feet above the floor, just 2 feet to the right and 1 foot in front of the ideal listening position. I know it will be a little inconvenient to place the sub there, but trust me, it will be amazing.

What you could do is either hang the sub from the ceiling using heaving steel cables or chains. Or, you could build a 5 foot tall platform to set it on.

If you go with two subs, one should be 3.5 feet above the floor exactly 2 feet in front of the listener and the other should be 1 foot feet below the floor and 18 inches behind and 4 feet to the left of the listener. THAT, my friend, will be a killer system.

Let me know if you have any questions.

:eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

heeman said:
I thought you were there when we were playing around with it...............?

Yeah, I saw you guys playing around with it but didn't remember at the time that I had a jump drive in my backpack.

Have we got a place I can upload it for access to forum members?

If I can remember, what I need to do is make an S&V folder on my server and give read-only access to the members here.

John

If you use Dropbox you should be able to share a link to the doc. Let's see if this works: Chuck's House Wiring. If that works and you don't have Dropbox, you can email it to me and I'll do the same with it.

CMonster said:
If you use Dropbox you should be able to share a link to the doc. Let's see if this works: Chuck's House Wiring.

:scared-yipes: :scared-yipes: :scared-yipes: Oh Noes!!! Now the NSA is going to turn down your thermostat!!!

Back