• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Wasn't as bad as I'd been lead to believe
Wasn't as good as the cast and CGI deserved (let down by the writing).

1673299546661.jpeg

Oh wow I had no idea Pierce Brosnan was in that. (haven't seen it yet...)

Wasn't as bad as I'd been lead to believe
Wasn't as good as the cast and CGI deserved (let down by the writing).

View attachment 12195
They should have had some tie in to Shazam, other than just the old "wizard". (Sorry not really familiar with some of these DC characters, so unsure of what the guy that was called that was in both movies) That leaves me wondering though, is Shazam as powerful as Black Adam? They're cut from the same cloth, kind of. Pierce Brosnan was way under used in this as well, although at his age, it is hard to believe him a super hero, but maybe that was the point.

Read a ton of buzz about this. Tried really hard to like it but in the end just didn't buy into the story. Good cast, filmed well, lines all delivered well, loaded with metaphor. But in the end the metaphors only sink in and work IMO if the viewer gives a crap about any of the characters. And (again IMO) there were simply no characters well developed enough for me to care what happened to any of them. Good comparison would be Midsommar. Outwardly very different story but not really. We find out more and more about the characters along the way, their relationships and so all the symbolism, allegory and metaphor means something in the end. At least it did to me. This one just fell flat IMO in that regard. I didn't care who lived or died or why. Seemed like a big waste of talent and resources.

Has anybody seen the new Avatar yet? We've talked about going, schedules have made it almost impossible, but I do want to see it. Although, at a 3 1/2 hour plus run time, we may just wait for it to come out on a streaming service, or maybe even purchase the disk. Is it worth seeing the theater? My worry is I'll some of the good parts because I'll be using the bathroom due to a bump in BP meds.

Has anybody seen the new Avatar yet? We've talked about going, schedules have made it almost impossible, but I do want to see it. Although, at a 3 1/2 hour plus run time, we may just wait for it to come out on a streaming service, or maybe even purchase the disk. Is it worth seeing the theater? My worry is I'll some of the good parts because I'll be using the bathroom due to a bump in BP meds.
I couldn’t be less interested. IMO the first was the most overhyped rip off of similar stories that I’ve ever seen….it was for sure a visual tour de force no doubt but I’m so tired of hearing about the franchise and upcoming movies and box office records that I’m simply over it. Even when it streams I doubt I’ll be interested to devote 3+ hours to it for free.

I couldn’t be less interested. IMO the first was the most overhyped rip off of similar stories that I’ve ever seen….it was for sure a visual tour de force no doubt but I’m so tired of hearing about the franchise and upcoming movies and box office records that I’m simply over it. Even when it streams I doubt I’ll be interested to devote 3+ hours to it for free.
Lol Fair enough. I saw the first one when we were on vacation in Florida at Universal City Walk the year it came out, and took my daughter who was 13 at the time to see it. Kind of a nice memory, and it was full eye candy, especially in 3D. But my eyes and bladder are not in the same shape as they were in 09, that's for sure. I will be seeing the new Ant Man when it comes out. That trailer that dropped yesterday was pretty good.

Watched it this weekend. Felt a little slow rolling but grew on me and then sold me after some of the late developing twists and turns. Made me appreciate that earlier parts more then I did in real time watching them. Solid murder mystery/period piece IMO.
It was slow for sure and I got disconnected. May try and pick up where I left off.

It was slow for sure and I got disconnected. May try and pick up where I left off.
I had the same experience but did feel like it finished stronger. There is a (somewhat predictable but still interesting IMO) twist towards the end that wraps things up nicely and (also IMO) lends a little more weight to what we have seen up until then. Not exactly Sixth Sense level of twist that makes you want to back and rewatch the movie but did impact my assessment of what I had watched up until that point.

I watched Top Gun: Maverick again last night, mostly because I bought the 4k disk after seeing the imax enhanced portions of the movie on Paramount+. I thought the picture looked pretty good streaming, but it looks even better on the disk. If I want to show off my system, this will be one of the disks that would be great for that.

I watched Top Gun: Maverick again last night, mostly because I bought the 4k disk after seeing the imax enhanced portions of the movie on Paramount+. I thought the picture looked pretty good streaming, but it looks even better on the disk. If I want to show off my system, this will be one of the disks that would be great for that.
Did u like the movie? I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked it. I’m not a massive fan of the original, don’t love it or hate it.

Did u like the movie? I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked it. I’m not a massive fan of the original, don’t love it or hate it.
I wasn't sure what to think when we saw it at the theater, but thought it was ok after seeing it. Watching it again on Paramount+, I liked it even more. Had to go buy the disk just for the Imax Enhanced scenes. Movie has definitely grown on me the more I watch it.

I loved the original. Not a fan of Tom Cruise though.
I'm kind of the same way Randy. Although I have like some of his movies, The Last Samurai is probably my favorite of his, but I also think that's mostly due to Ken Watanabe.

Don't know what triggered it, but got a bug to watch Wild Things, the movie with Denise Richards, Neve Campbell and a bunch of other stars, and figured I'd look to see if it was free to stream anywhere. Roku showed it was available on Starz, which we purchase through Amazon. Searching Prime, the UHD showed for sale for $4.99, so I bought it. Quality isn't the best, but for sure better than the dvd copy I have. Talk about a 90's trash movie, and I say that in a good way.

Late on this one watched Downsizing with Matt Damon was less silly and more sci-fi/overpopulation/apocalypse flick then I expected it to be. The trailer made it out to be kind of campy but it took a semi serious turn and was far less campy fairly quickly. Was free on Prime I think so no risk checking it out.

Last edited:
This was a lot better then I expected IMO. Watched it this weekend. Was expecting something more campy with Aubrey Plaza as the lead but instead it was more of a dark and serious thriller that (dare I say) almost reminded me of Michael Mann's Heat in a few places albeit a much smaller scale story. But it had that kind of vibe and atmosphere at times. Rented on Amazon for $2.99...

Great movie, shows you bam! 30 seconds bitch! what would you do given the situation. go! kinda deal.

small scale movie as monkey mentioned, but good enough to stir up the brain a bit.

1. did they really rob the guy?
2. was the guy sincere to the girl? or was it in a way a set up?
3. where WAS THE CAR KEYS!?!? and if so, was he choosing that specific moment to go into a trance, sort of guilt trip...
4. did he die?
5. what would you do given the situation?

Back