• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

i think ant man had a better vibe to it, moreso with micheal penas character. heard he wasnt in this one because the director said there is a overwhelming amount of characters. at least he didnt get killed off.
Michael Pena is one of the most underrated actors in my opinion, as he owns most of the scenes he is in, no matter what he is. There is a movie on Netflix called Extinction that he is in, and he's pretty good in it, plus the movie has a twist that most don't see coming. I didn't, that's for sure.

Wife and I finally got around to seeing the Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, and we were not disappointed. What a cute sequel to the first movie, as well it's gorgeous looking movie. We ended up renting it from Amazon, although I would buy a 4k version if available.

Michael Pena is one of the most underrated actors in my opinion, as he owns most of the scenes he is in, no matter what he is. There is a movie on Netflix called Extinction that he is in, and he's pretty good in it, plus the movie has a twist that most don't see coming. I didn't, that's for sure.
that was a great movie.

Took the family to see the new Ant Man movie yesterday, and it was pretty good. Paid a little extra for a digital ultra theater, and was kind of disappointed in it. Sound was great, but it was almost like the convergence was off and you could see red and blue outlines around lighter objects in the movie. Resulted in a softer picture for sure, but wasn't so distracting that I couldn't enjoy the movie.

Movie was ok, pretty much a Marvel formulaic movie, but it was entertaining. And Michelle Pfieffer is still white gold. She looks great for being in her 60's. I read that the movie wasn't shot using typical green screens, but was made more with big display panels showing the cgi stuff, rather than it added in later on, or at least I think that's how I read it worked.

The Woman King on Netflix.

Just started it. The wife and I like Viola Davis so looking forward to it.

This looks like it could be good I am a fan on Ben Mendelsohn. Oddly the movie is nowhere to be found in IMDB on his page or Shailene Woodley's for that matter. Was looking for release date the trailer just says "coming soon".

This looks like it could be good I am a fan on Ben Mendelsohn. Oddly the movie is nowhere to be found in IMDB on his page or Shailene Woodley's for that matter. Was looking for release date the trailer just says "coming soon".

Looks good, and you got me curious as it seemed weird that there was a trailer and no listing for it under her IMDB page. The movie has been renamed from Misanthrope, which does show up on her page as post production, but no release date.

Looks good, and you got me curious as it seemed weird that there was a trailer and no listing for it under her IMDB page. The movie has been renamed from Misanthrope, which does show up on her page as post production, but no release date.
Thanks figured it might have been renamed or something.

just re-watched the gentleman with matthew alright alright alright...

i always believe his character was 'the gentleman' until you figure out in the end its actually coach colin farrell.

Watched Cocaine Bear yesterday. I was a little disappointed in that I was expecting it to have more laugh out loud type of moments. It was worth the view but I don’t see myself coming back to it.

Just finished The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (the first one) - LOVED it.

Watched Cocaine Bear yesterday. I was a little disappointed in that I was expecting it to have more laugh out loud type of moments. It was worth the view but I don’t see myself coming back to it.
That was the best movie idea since "Sharknado", and I guess it was based roughly on a twue stowy! :mocking:

Saw Adam Driver scifi movie 65 in theater yesterday. Nothing groundbreaking or particularly original story wise but well done movie was good big screen Sunday afternoon scifi flick IMO. Jurassic Park meets space/time travel or something like that.

I was left with one semi confusing plot clarification question which in no way ruined the movie just an unanswered question that lingered after the movie and was never really well explained. If anyone sees this one let me know (mild but IMO irrelevant spoiler warning the trailer and title of the movie reveal this time setting fact) Adam Driver was the pilot of a space ship that flew from an unamed different planet and crash landed on Earth 65 million years ago during the time of the dinosaurs just prior to a big extinction event. But it was never explained or clearly shown that there was any time travel, black hole, wyrm hole phenomenon or anything going on here. So was Adam Driver a human who originated on Earth, left to resettle on another planet then found his was back to ancient prehistoric Earth by time travel accident? Or was Adam Driver a human like being who existed on another planet well before Earth humans existed and evolved so he crash landed here but there was no time travel involved at all? Maybe I missed this somehow but it seemed like this was never really clarified. Again not a deal breaker for what was basically a fluff scifi action flick with dinosaurs I enjoyed it regardless. But seemed like this was a bit of a hole in the basic story premise.

Saw Adam Driver scifi movie 65 in theater yesterday. Nothing groundbreaking or particularly original story wise but well done movie was good big screen Sunday afternoon scifi flick IMO. Jurassic Park meets space/time travel or something like that.

I was left with one semi confusing plot clarification question which in no way ruined the movie just an unanswered question that lingered after the movie and was never really well explained. If anyone sees this one let me know (mild but IMO irrelevant spoiler warning the trailer and title of the movie reveal this time setting fact) Adam Driver was the pilot of a space ship that flew from an unamed different planet and crash landed on Earth 65 million years ago during the time of the dinosaurs just prior to a big extinction event. But it was never explained or clearly shown that there was any time travel, black hole, wyrm hole phenomenon or anything going on here. So was Adam Driver a human who originated on Earth, left to resettle on another planet then found his was back to ancient prehistoric Earth by time travel accident? Or was Adam Driver a human like being who existed on another planet well before Earth humans existed and evolved so he crash landed here but there was no time travel involved at all? Maybe I missed this somehow but it seemed like this was never really clarified. Again not a deal breaker for what was basically a fluff scifi action flick with dinosaurs I enjoyed it regardless. But seemed like this was a bit of a hole in the basic story premise.
Yes! You are correct, although I won't point out which part you are correct about as to not spoil anything for anybody, but the wiki article says exactly what is going on. LINK Haven't seen the movie, probably will wait for it to come out on a streaming service, but it looks good.

Had the grandson over Saturday, and he is super huge into basketball right now, and he wanted to watch the new SpaceJam movie. Honestly, it was better than I thought it would be, and Lebron didn't suck nearly as bad as I thought he would. Would have never gone to the theater to see it, but for free, I wasn't disappointed.

Yes! You are correct, although I won't point out which part you are correct about as to not spoil anything for anybody, but the wiki article says exactly what is going on. LINK Haven't seen the movie, probably will wait for it to come out on a streaming service, but it looks good.
So I'm still wondering why they didn't make this part of the movie more clear. IMO it have made things much more interesting to acknowledge that the characters were human like beings but not actual Earthlings or even Earth descendants, ancestors, etc. Because without any of this being developed all we have is two random beings who happen to end up on prehistoric Earth but it's almost just like a random coincidence and not really even relevant to the story. It could have been any planet. I guess the take away sc-ifi theme could be that we (humans) are not particularly unique, the universe is enormous and there were/are probably endless other living beings like us out there. But they didn't pitch that concept either. This lack of context just reduced the movie down to what it literally was... two characters fighting off dinosaurs adventure movie style. But there was no greater sci-fi context or anything to paint a bigger picture. I still enjoyed it like I said but it could have expanded into a bigger better story I guess is what I am saying.

Guessing maybe that they figured they couldn't tell that part of the story very convincingly, or it would have eaten too much into length of the movie was the reason not for a better explanation.
Since he comes from another planet, that almost raises more question than answers. At the very least, space is very vast, and tech from the movie didn't look too advanced, so he probably had to get there by some other means, accidentally or otherwise. Maybe this is setting up a sequel, which would be pretty cool.

Back