• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Official Sim Racing Thread

Is the F1 game enjoyable playing with an Xbox or PS controller? I might be willing to give it a try, but not sure I have the room or time to setup one of the sim rigs like several of you have.
Yes it's enjoyable, especially if you have no experience with anything else. And if it's highly unlikely that you'll ever upgrade to a wheel and pedals, then I say go for it. But, if you think there's even a remote chance for a wheel and pedals in the future, I'd suggest holding off until then.

Is the F1 game enjoyable playing with an Xbox or PS controller? I might be willing to give it a try, but not sure I have the room or time to setup one of the sim rigs like several of you have.

Also, I see that F1 2021 comes out soon. I am hoping 2020 comes to Game Pass after it 2021 is released.
I've enjoyed driving games for years using regular controllers.
If you're not sure you would enjoy a driving game, a controller is something you already have and if you don't, you can just call it another game you don't play.
If you are positive you enjoy driving games...a wheel and pedals is a somewhat pricey step up into "feeling like you're there".
The next step is one of those SIM chairs...which is MUCH better than sitting in an office chair or gaming chair.
Those Fanatec things...wow, those are awesome. I'll never sniff that level, but...WOW!

Logitech and Thrustmaster are the only contenders in the space. IMHO the Logitech is the sweet spot.

Thrustmaster T150 - $200 (two pedal set)
Thrustmaster T150 Pro - $244 (three pedal set)
Logitech G29 - $250 (three pedal set)
Thrustmaster -T300 - $350 (two pedal set)

Isn't the Logitech G923 ($350) their top of the line setup for PlayStation?

Isn't the Logitech G923 ($350) their top of the line setup for PlayStation?

The only difference in the G923 and the G29 is a weird feedback system called "TrueForce" that translates audio information into effects in the wheel and only works with a few games. None of the reviews I've read considered it an upgrade worth $100.

I'd probably be a lot faster if I spent more time lapping and less time modding the hardware. Buuuuuut ... I'm such a Max Verstappen fan boy that as soon as I saw these decals existed I had to get them.

I swapped the stock round wheel for the formula style one a few weeks ago. That mad a huge difference.

At this rate it won't be long until I'll have spent more for the add-ons than the wheelbase itself. But in my defense almost half of the expense is shipping. The market for such things is almost exclusively small independent makers in Europe.

1C07B033-1788-454F-B4E7-ED63DEDA4B3B.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd probably be a lot faster if I spent more time lapping and less time modding the hardware. Buuuuuut ... I'm such a Max Verstappen fan boy that as soon as I saw these decals existed I had to get them.

I swapped the stock round wheel for the formula style one a few weeks ago. That mad a huge difference.

At this rate it won't be long until I'll have spent more for the add-ons than the wheelbase itself. But in my defense almost half of the expense is shipping. The market for such things is almost exclusively small independent makers in Europe.

View attachment 11440
How/where did you get the swap out wheel for the logitech?
Is it simple to change out (as in, when I'm racing F1, I use the F1 wheel and when I'm playing other games, I switch back to the round)?
I doubt its that easy...but I'm asking...

How/where did you get the swap out wheel for the logitech?
Is it simple to change out (as in, when I'm racing F1, I use the F1 wheel and when I'm playing other games, I switch back to the round)?
I doubt its that easy...but I'm asking...
There are several companies that make replacement wheels. This one is from Acelith.

It's not hard to change but not something you'll want to do between games. It involves removing a bunch of tiny screws, unplugging a wire harness, swapping the control board, adding an adapter and reassembling. It takes about 15 mins.

That's one of the great things about Zing's setup which has a quick connect mechanism. He can change wheels very easily.

There are several companies that make replacement wheels. This one is from Acelith.

It's not hard to change but not something you'll want to do between games. It involves removing a bunch of tiny screws, unplugging a wire harness, swapping the control board, adding an adapter and reassembling. It takes about 15 mins.

That's one of the great things about Zing's setup which has a quick connect mechanism. He can change wheels very easily.

Excellent, thanks for the info.

One of the least great things is the cost though.
I'll forever be jealous of that setup...but will never sniff that rarefied air!

DAQEGy9.gif

As usual ... almost 2 seconds slower

EDIT - I've gotten my personal best into the 1:28's but still making lots of little errors. Those flat-out turns are surprisingly easy to mess up.

Back