• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Official Sim Racing Thread

I place the blame squarely on Zing!!! :rofl:Still haven't really dialed in my ideal racing position. Problem being, 4 different people say "Hey can I have a turn!!" Seems I need to figure out some way to mark where the adjustments go for each person, or at the very least for me and the rest of them be damned!! Still a helluva lot more comfortable and stable than a folding chair and a tv tray. Wheels, peddles and shift are Logitech G25.
ViRpIn5JQZMohCtlYDoAi55XuNqFm1kO8ynljhr7it89AoAGE-A6jJL2oxaA6-huJ7vBU-RWJbfiW6FCGp78Etq7c3RtN4QvPbYvjrjVu7bqrXbI20fwMh_PsA-qPOMUFNoMkZRnhVOfvBML12lqChiskgKoUVzrSR4_WPSXiDNQiqGFTFnCehCYzhJ5uYIEqb09rriNrBTDR4kRcKfPeELXN5TaJW-mKnxD93XBPdngqccwF4R04yLwbk6RW_Y4fcLTcoFF9wv6fJVtkq8xtWjL5vASkEuW4guhSt2_84F1LsdMF3AcNQcJJgkshL8MG75Vt7aJQSqdVMGKNaXm2b6xiXDV5_kFkix-S3ILXbqNVb35OVX-Nmkj08koHBnNYFWulHFUP9bWwKQkbiD2bGsyNMWnWmOqGSnGYx3RWYMnkONUDOqN3P_ZAj1lhNLKRSMwwxHtX19dqfZHEnTlC6zB4GgsGjaGaITX-ZeldiDTWrhhsqqMuxa8jCovjdRFpLKt2hly_tdVqiXVkRz-ocPVvr9eanDP-B3GOimbXptTUBjBImuC5ZOcWhc5e6kkyvIGJ9IzE08I8sEv3oemV_TSaYQywRIvNeLFP2kYVlvMnVqBaU0MgLmMBPzEFezyn57uobnzFzQhmGGncx0xUWU3WYW-sew7TCgiQDGAj9lTMrRq603WBbD6cTWklfIQRVx29QzRFWZ_qh-6NW6ZnVVH=w1723-h969-no

Daughter at the wheel.
OK, when I first posted it, I saw the photo I uploaded. Now I just see a bunch of gobbledy goop letters. Is it just me??

I think I fixed it!
Yup
see it now … awesome. I haven’t been able to score a PS5 despite my best efforts So I’ve been playing F1 2020 on the old XBox one with a Logitech G920.

*** edit
And I suck at it. Which makes me wonder why I’d even bother with a PS5 … LOL

Towen,
I'm on the PC. I did a 1:10 at the Red Bull ring. 7 seconds is light years. I'm certainly not winning anything but is fun to run (sort of) the same circuits the pros do!!

Towen,
I'm on the PC. I did a 1:10 at the Red Bull ring. 7 seconds is light years. I'm certainly not winning anything but is fun to run (sort of) the same circuits the pros do!!

LOL
I‘ve been looking to build a PC but decent graphics cgraphics cards are the one thing even more unobtainable than PS5s.

I don't see any photo, damn it, and I want to.

Also, I think it's time for this forum to have a sim racing section. Or really, just its own thread.

Mike, did you use an FOV calculator?
Not sure what you mean Zing. Is that something to do with setting up the game? For now, I put the chair where the cables would reach the computer!! D'oh!!

https://www.fov-calculator.com/en/

Interesting!!!
Edit again. I assume with this calculator above I am trying to get my number as close as possible to 1???

Hold up!!!! Man does it pay to read. Can I adjust my fov in the game???

Last edited:
You can adjust the FOV in the game in the preference menus. And the goal is to replicate what the FOV would be in an actual car which would vary depending on your screen size and distance.

My screen is super close and the FOV is set to -.35

I think I need to move my seat closer. One of the field of view calculators only went to 200cms. I am more like 300cms. A little bit of rearranging and cable management is in order!!

Not sure what you mean Zing. Is that something to do with setting up the game? For now, I put the chair where the cables would reach the computer!! D'oh!!

https://www.fov-calculator.com/en/

Interesting!!!
Edit again. I assume with this calculator above I am trying to get my number as close as possible to 1???

Hold up!!!! Man does it pay to read. Can I adjust my fov in the game???
You enter the aspect ratio and size of your display as well as the distance you sit from it into the calculator, and it tells you what your in-game FOV should be adjusted to so what you see is as accurate as possible. You're not trying to achieve a certain number, you're trying to achieve an accurate field of view for your particular game, display and distance.

Wasn't really sure what you were talking about. This gif shows it clearly. Put your hands on either side of it than move them to the middle blocking out the sides. Watch speed change as you narrow or widen field of view. Will muddle around in F1 settings later. Any closer than 240 cms to the screen and my noggin shows up on projector screen. Thanks for the tip.

Just wondering Zing and Towen, do you guys blank out the centre column of the halo when driving? I find it difficult to see braking lines when I am going straight ahead. Reading posts, some say that is heresy, others say, you don't see your nose in real life!! Apparently, on some sim racing site Lando Norris said the first thing he does in cockpit view is get rid of the halo. He said you don't notice it when driving, the brain is a wonderful thing!!

Just wondering Zing and Towen, do you guys blank out the centre column of the halo when driving? I find it difficult to see braking lines when I am going straight ahead. Reading posts, some say that is heresy, others say, you don't see your nose in real life!! Apparently, on some sim racing site Lando Norris said the first thing he does in cockpit view is get rid of the halo. He said you don't notice it when driving, the brain is a wonderful thing!!
YES !!!
I do NOT display the center post of the HALO.
Human stereo vision has the ability to essentially see around objects that are closer than than area of attention. But that only works in 3D. So in real life the HALO post is essentially invisible unless the driver focuses on it. As noted professional drivers universally report that the post doesnt obstruct vision. If it’s accurate enough for them to not display it, then I don’t see any reason why I should.

Way better without out the centre post!!! You gotta hate it though when your 16 year old who doesn't have his license yet beats your best time by 10 seconds in his bare feet. Little bastard!!!

Back