• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

One of the EweTubers I sorta follow is "The Professor of Rock", who does clips about the tunes most of us grew up with. Here he interviews Randy Bachman (whom you are mis-pronouncing) of The Guess Who, and Bachman Turner Overdrive.
This 20-minute interview is absolutely nutz. It involved Paperback Writer, a blind sound engineer, mascara in Grand Central Station, laryngitis, recording sessions by Steve Miller Band and War both down the hall, Carlos Santana singing about Ukranian food, an insistent pizza delivery guy who plays piano, Elvis' tombstone, Bette Midler, Dire Straits, etc, etc. Great interview.

One of the EweTubers I sorta follow is "The Professor of Rock", who does clips about the tunes most of us grew up with. Here he interviews Randy Bachman (whom you are mis-pronouncing) of The Guess Who, and Bachman Turner Overdrive.
This 20-minute interview is absolutely nutz. It involved Paperback Writer, a blind sound engineer, mascara in Grand Central Station, laryngitis, recording sessions by Steve Miller Band and War both down the hall, Carlos Santana singing about Ukranian food, an insistent pizza delivery guy who plays piano, Elvis' tombstone, Bette Midler, Dire Straits, etc, etc. Great interview.

BTO Not Fragile was one of my first albums. They were my favorite band at thst time.

I've been listening to Rush's last three albums today (Vapor Trails, Snakes and Arrows, and Clockwork Angels). I know this might be a controversial statement, but my favorite era of Rush was their final one and I think Clockwork Angels was the best album of their entire career.

I've been listening to Rush's last three albums today (Vapor Trails, Snakes and Arrows, and Clockwork Angels). I know this might be a controversial statement, but my favorite era of Rush was their final one and I think Clockwork Angels was the best album of their entire career.
There later stuff was great but I am still a fan of the classics.

Mostly because I am so much more familiar with them.

Last edited:
Here Come Some More Mummies!
I haven't seen this one before; once again on the Bob & Tom Show. So tight!

I miss the Bob and Tom show terribly.
Can't you get it where you are at Randy? I only get to listen to it for about 5 minutes on my ride into work, but have always enjoyed the show. I had actually just gotten out of the dentist on 9/11 and was listening to them when Bob said a plane hit the one of the twin towers. Of course that was only a couple of weeks or months after a plane had hit the Empire State Building, so we had no idea what was about to unfold. Ooops, guess I kind of hijacked this. Hope you can find the show.

Can't you get it where you are at Randy? I only get to listen to it for about 5 minutes on my ride into work, but have always enjoyed the show. I had actually just gotten out of the dentist on 9/11 and was listening to them when Bob said a plane hit the one of the twin towers. Of course that was only a couple of weeks or months after a plane had hit the Empire State Building, so we had no idea what was about to unfold. Ooops, guess I kind of hijacked this. Hope you can find the show.
No KSHE95 quit airing it several years ago.
Im sure there is the interwebz and what not but Im too lazy for all that.

No KSHE95 quit airing it several years ago.
Im sure there is the interwebz and what not but Im too lazy for all that.
That's too bad, it's a funny show without being really dirty. I believe they got they start here in Michigan, way back when.

I haven't tried it, but I believe you can stream radio stations on Alexa, although I might be wrong on that. Might be worth checking out from time to time if available Randy.

James -- millionaires

JamesMillionaires.jpg

Ha, I totally approve of this! (came up on my spotify feed but no it's nowhere near my bday)

I didn't know this footage existed until tonight.
I hated Skynyrd in college, half the males on the dorm floor played their hockey sticks to this miserable song thrice daily. And in my part-time music career, had drunks yelling for this song from '78 til, what, 2019?

And yet, a decade of alcohol-soft middle late age later, I hear/see this song tonight, and feel like a teenager again. And girls, GIRLS at a rock concert! Girls loosely-wrapped in gossamer whisps of fabric! I really enjoyed watching this, hope you do too.

I bought the 2-yr old Silk Sonic album last year, and it stayed in rotation for quite awhile. I've put it back in my car and it's even better the second time around; absolutely love this.

By a chance coincidence I got a band interested in me, just talking to a sales/lesson guy at the local Guitar Center (don't think I've stepped in one in ten years!) They were looking for not one, but two keyboardists to add, kind've a dream of mine (Toto!) and I was pretty excited. They emailed me about ten songs, and I had bitten off more than I could chew, they were more soul/R&B, guys like: EW&F, Maze, Tower of Power, Chaka Khan, Aretha, Jill Scott, Patrice Rushen, Justus Brothers. Love that kind've music but its way out of my skill set. They hadn't heard the other keyboardist yet either at the audition, but I was in over my head and didn't get hired.

Still, it was a good experience and when they asked me what songs I'd like to do (before they heard me) I mentioned Level 42, and this song from the above Silk Sonic disk:

Gorgeous, but it's a lot more complicated than I realized also, four key changes in it (which just make me smile). I understand the other leader, Anderson .Paak, also has a formidable catalog and I need to look into some of his stuff.

Panopticom, first track off the new Peter Gabriel album; I'm sooo stoked! :happy:

(and Tony Levin has the most unique bass tone; just one note, and you know it's him!)

Took me awhile to find this post. Here's an update on his new album (STILL anxiously awaiting its release!) Love the intersection of different art forms here.

Back