• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

HTIP - Home Theater In Progress

After all these years on the forum I still havent figured out what the appropriate response is.

I've settled on "THANKS!"

So... THANKS!

The funny thing about the carpet on the riser is that it's nicer than the carpet on the floor... which isn't saying much.

But not near as nice as the carpet on my wifes........er....um......nevermind. :eusa-whistle:

Honestly no, but I was reading thru the thread and thought I'd draw some attention to it... :happy-smileygiantred:

I am still amazed that with all the photogs at Tom's GTG that nobody else got a picture of the leaning tower of gear. I did but my camera crapped out....which sucked cause it was a great pic of Tom looking like his world had just come crashing down. Luckily the dream team was there to fix him right up. :happy-smileygiantred:

Man... I'm trying to forget that moment in time.

It wasnt the gear I was worried about. That stuff can be replaced. In fact, I'd LIKE to have an excuse to replace some of it. It was having a houseful of people who came so far on the premise of watching/listening.

Tom you had the right people in your house who not only would understand but also be able to quickly jury rig a temporary setup if need be.

Hmmmm...

While I spent a fair amount of time in Towen's HT during that GTG (especially during The Rope Challenge!), at Bat's recent GTG I spent probably 10 minutes in his HT.

Now this had little to do with his HT, but rather was because it was just so much more enjoyable to hang with everyone else up on the main floor. Ok so listening to O-Bob-Ma's Erg-Dogs (or whatever they are officially called) was audio bliss in my books, but still, I found no need to head down to the HT.

So had the leaning tower of pizza-electronics actually come crashing down at Towen's place, given the quality of non-silicon-based life entities present for that GTG, I'm sure we woulda had just a great a time regardless.

Just musing...

Jeff

You are correct Jeff. The HT is just the excuse we use to gtg and drink, eat great food and enjoy the conversations. Like you I spent about 10 minutes in Bats theater. Mostly just to see what the new projector could do. Once I saw how good the picture looked and one more reason to be super jealous of Chris I went back to enjoying the people.

Yep, Jeff's dead on, as usual. The more GTGs we have the less it's actually about the HT stuff and more about the people. More and more wives and kids are coming and it's really cool. When a 13 year old boy would literally rather hang out w/ a bunch of old folks instead of going to Florida, you know it's a good time.

John

yromj said:
Yep, Jeff's dead on, as usual. The more GTGs we have the less it's actually about the HT stuff and more about the people. More and more wives and kids are coming and it's really cool. When a 13 year old boy would literally rather hang out w/ a bunch of old folks instead of going to Florida, you know it's a good time.

John

So if ya'll are old...I'm afraid to ask how I stand..... :teasing-neener:

Barney said:
yromj said:

John

So if ya'll are old...I'm afraid to ask how I stand..... :teasing-neener:

To a 13 year-old, a college kid is old.

John

Towen7 said:
Ha!

The print is signed by the artist, Cory Smith.

I kinda like realistic portrayals of comic book icons every now and then. The freckles and beard stubble help remind the viewer that somewhere within the Hulk is a human.

Isn't the Hulk just a human with sort of awesome powers??? Anyway...

Christy showed me a few pics of your HT, but viewing the thread!!! Kudos to you!!!!

March29-3.jpg

Towen, do you have any problem with heat build up inside the 'rack'? Is it vented with fans?

The equipment is in in one cabinet and there are two more the same size/shape that are connected. The inside of the cabinets does get pretty hot. I haven't ventilated it yet but I plan to by using a fan to exhaust the air into an attic space behind the rack.

As for now... If it gets too hot I'll just open the cabinet door and crank the ceiling fan a bit.

Deacon said:

:scared-yipes: :scared-yipes: :scared-yipes: :scared-yipes: :scared-yipes:
DEACON!!! That's a VERY DANGEROUS place to take photos from! Run Away!

Back