• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

HTIP - Home Theater In Progress

Towen7 said:
The riser is constructed of 2x10s and 3" screws. Any higher and people on the top would have to duck under the pj.
I'm holding you to that... :D

Looks like Ikea dropped the price on all Poang products, I know I paid $199/chair for leather, bastards!!

Yup. Those crazy Sweeds stuck it to you. I don't know if the $149 price is going to last or if it's just on sale for dorm season.

:text-link:

Very nice progress T7. Thanx for keeping us updated. Although like some of the others kind of eluded to you are making me more than a bit jealous. I still haven't even straightened out the wires in my HT. Although when i use it to watch movies it is pretty dark and i can't see the wires so out of sight out of mind.

I have always wanted a dedicated room with two rows of seats and the back row on a nice riser.

Hmmm.....The closet IKEA is in Atlanta. I used the "Ask Anna" client on their site and shipping to my zip is..........

Tuesday-Saturday (no Sunday Monday shipping)

For most orders that weigh less than 70lbs and the order value is less than $200, min delivery cost is $19.46

Most orders that weigh more than 70lbs and the order value is more than $200, the min delivery cost is $199. (WTF?!!)

So if I understand that correctly, a pair of chairs costing $150/ea (A $300 order) is going to cost me $200 to ship? :shock:

Yeah... For whatever reason Ikea clearly isn't interested in shipping product.

I wouldnt make a trip to Atlanta just for them but if your in the neighborhood you can pick them up. Ikea packs everything in flat boxes and you'd be able to get five or six in a jeep with no problem.

I was finally able to meet-up with the carpet guy today. I didn't tell him that he didn't need to carpet the cavity under the tread for the steps but he did. I'm going to have to cut that off to have a surface to glue the tread to once I get it painted (to hopefully match the color of the wainscoting.

I wasn't able to find a perfect match for the carpet in the room but it's close enough for me. You can't see it when the lights are off any way. All-in-all I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

JJHomecomingLR-2.jpg

JJHomecomingLR-3.jpg

JJHomecomingLR-4.jpg

Just catching up on several pages here. Wow.

Great skills you have. Awesome HT..and you really suck.

Back