• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Headbanger's Hangout

Does Rage Against the Machine belong in this thread? 'Cause we had tickets to their May 14th show which as been postponed. :(

Im good with it and I am bummed that you guys have to postpone. I would LOVE to see RATM. Those guys put out some amazing music and I am glad they decided to get it back out in front of people. That is a show I could easily talk Meghan into going to see.

Im good with it and I am bummed that you guys have to postpone. I would LOVE to see RATM. Those guys put out some amazing music and I am glad they decided to get it back out in front of people. That is a show I could easily talk Meghan into going to see.

Another show I would love to take Baby Monkey too. Rare opportunity to get in a time machine and show him one of the all time great live acts from before he was old enough to go. For the record I took him to Rammstein @ Nassau Coliseum (w/ear protection) when he was ten and he loved it. Still talks about it.

Been playing these guys a lot for workout motivation their high energy pace is helpful and I like the Sepultura influence. They also do a pretty solid cover of Biohazard's Urban Discipline (good song not so good band). Got to a love any band called The Worst. First song is their trending hit it's OK but I like the second song much better especially the breakdown just after the 7min mark it's nice and heavy. Not sure how to genre classify these guys maybe Brazilian street metal?

Been playing these guys a lot for workout motivation their high energy pace is helpful and I like the Sepultura influence. They also do a pretty solid cover of Biohazard's Urban Discipline (good song not so good band). Got to a love any band called The Worst. First song is their trending hit it's OK but I like the second song much better especially the breakdown just after the 7min mark it's nice and heavy. Not sure how to genre classify these guys maybe Brazilian street metal?

Been having trouble getting youtube links to work through here. I think it is my work computer causing the issues. But, we have been having a lot of internet problems lately too.

Been one of those days.

Sitting here in my last hour and few minutes at work and I just needed a little bit of metal.

Life may suck sometimes but You Gotta Go With the Devil You Know

Man, I hate to hear that.

RIP Joey.

I will never forget the first time I heard a Slipknot song. There was ad on the radio for a Slipknot show. I asked my nephew what song it was and he said it was Wait and Bleed. I checked it out and have been a big fan ever since.

One of my favorites.

Last edited:
Man, I hate to hear that.

RIP Joey.

I will never forget the first time I heard a Slipknot song. There was ad on the radio for a Slipknot show. I asked my nephew what song it was and he said it was Wait and Bleed. I checked it out and have been a big fan ever since.

One of my favorites.

It's funny I didn't really follow Slipknot much initially when they first started. I think maybe I was turned off by some of the Nu Metal acts and trends at that time and just (in hindsight unfairly) lumped them in with that group. So I was not very familiar with their songs or albums. But as the years have passed I have found very often that I will hear a song (usually streaming on one platform or another's metal channel) and really like it... check my phone to see who it is and it's Slipknot. Now I have some of their stuff downloaded and in regular rotation. And I became a big fan of Jordison especially with his continuing work with other bands including Ministry which is an all time favorite band of mine. He was a pretty talented drummer. Shame he was so young.

It's funny I didn't really follow Slipknot much initially when they first started. I think maybe I was turned off by some of the Nu Metal acts and trends at that time and just (in hindsight unfairly) lumped them in with that group. So I was not very familiar with their songs or albums. But as the years have passed I have found very often that I will hear a song (usually streaming on one platform or another's metal channel) and really like it... check my phone to see who it is and it's Slipknot. Now I have some of their stuff downloaded and in regular rotation. And I became a big fan of Jordison especially with his continuing work with other bands including Ministry which is an all time favorite band of mine. He was a pretty talented drummer. Shame he was so young.

Great drummer indeed.

Also, love Ministry.

Joey with Ministry at Wacken.

Bump:

Guilty pleasure for sure but I am loving the upbeat pace of the new Arch Enemy stuff. Hopefully the whole new album is this good.

LMAO..
Timely post.
During our boredom we New Year's Eve we decided to test out the wife's new karaoke machine.. I told her the only song I would sing was hammer smashed face by Cannibal Corpse. Read she couldn't find it lol

LMAO..
Timely post.
During our boredom we New Year's Eve we decided to test out the wife's new karaoke machine.. I told her the only song I would sing was hammer smashed face by Cannibal Corpse. Read she couldn't find it lol

And why that song came to mind I have no idea but it did

And why that song came to mind I have no idea but it did
The Jim Carrey version of the Cannibal Corpse version?

:rofl:

I'm not usually a huge fan of reaction videos but this guy pretty much nailed my initial reaction to the new AE video. I am since a fan of his channel.

And, I like Arch Enemies stuff, although a little harder than most of the stuff I listen to, but I just can't make the connection between the singer's voice and looks.

She is so ridiculously hot and her vocals to me are world apart.

I know they are Swedish and they do thing differently. LOL

She is the third lead singer of that band (1 guy then 2 girls they all sounded similar). Check out the "growling workshop" footage of 2nd lead singer Angela Gossow. Just watch her into at least up until the 1:00min mark where that mind blowing speration between looks and voice have IMO never been more pronounced.

Live she was an absolute beast.

Back