• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Anyone getting The Avengers?

Haywood said:
My wife scored a copy somewhere for $20. Woot! Planning to watch it this weekend.

Because of the snafu with Amazon shipping I got a $10 credit so in the end I got it for $9.99. :teasing-neener:

Well at least you rat bastards aren't trying to make a case for 4:3.... :D

Nah, because there's really no drawback to leaving my setup in 2.40:1 for those scenes, the cropping doesn't detract from the viewing experience and the IMAX footage is nothing short of stunning.

FWIW, Vizio is now selling a 2.35 TV:

274878885.jpg

:eek:

I watched this last night and was not disappointed but found myself repeatedly asking "who the hell is that?!?!"

cobie_smulders_avengers_a_l.jpg

I kept thinking it was a young, fresh-faced Carol Alt. Finally, I had to pause the movie and look her up on IMDB. Then I spent the next 15 minutes on a Cobie Smulders Google image search.

First Carrie-Anne Moss; then Bridget Moynahan; now Cobie. :drool:

Zing said:
I watched this last night and was not disappointed but found myself repeatedly asking "who the hell is that?!?!"

cobie_smulders_avengers_a_l.jpg

I kept thinking it was a young, fresh-faced Carol Alt. Finally, I had to pause the movie and look her up on IMDB. Then I spent the next 15 minutes on a Cobie Smulders Google image search.

First Carrie-Anne Moss; then Bridget Moynahan; now Cobie. :drool:
She is on that awful show How I Met Your Mother.

How I met your mother rocks.

And, Robin (her character on HIMYM) is HOT.

The Avengers, I dont know. I plan to watch it tomorrow.

I watched part of the first season of How I Met Your Mother, and couldn't get into it at all.

Please don't sully an Avengers thread with How I Met Your Mother!

Yeah, you're right, my bad. I'd say it's nearly time for hot chicks on bikes, but this is about as close as I could get... I couldn't find one of her riding one of those little alien air scooter things.

the-avengers-black-widow-scarlett-johansson-image.jpg

Back