• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Young Sheldon

Botch

MetaBotch Doggy Dogg Mellencamp
Superstar
Okay. I'd not really watched this series much before, mostly because "Sheldon" was my least-favorite character on the old Friends show, which I watched a bit when I was stationed in ND because it was -25˚ outside and dark since 3:30 pm.
But tonight it came on when I was distracted, and it kinda sucked me in a bit. An out-of-wedlock teenage pregnancy, cigarette smuggling from Mexico and grandma ending up in jail overnight, nosy neighbors, a southern baptist bannination, a teenage kid firing back at his minister, and some interesting bail-vs-sex negotiations between septagenarians, all in 25 minutes. I had some full belly-laughs tonight, and then the show ended with a rather poignant scene between Momma and the preacher, that made me think.
This show (or at least this episode) was very clever, and I may have to watch it again.

Last edited:
its not that bad to be honest. i liked the older brothers journey better than the main plot line. but there are some awesome moments, especially when it reveals sheldons intelligence.

i wont spoil it, but you can always find some key points in yewtube.

I'd been watching this show, off and on, since my OP; it's never failed to keep me entertained. Earlier this year I realized this was the last season, Sheldon was graduating and had to select a college, and the series was coming to an end in the next couple weeks; so I've been watching it regularly.
Tonight they had two episodes back-to-back, with Sheldon being begged to teach his old professors string theory, accepting an offer from CalTech, his Mom babysitting Sheldon's niece and wanting another baby, his dad George getting a secret vasectomy, and then getting a college coaching job offer from Rice, snarkiness all around, etc. Then, when prepping for their final family photo (matching outfits), there's a knock on the door, and news that George died of a heart attack that afternoon.

I was gobsmacked, didn't expect that at all; two episodes of a six-year show left!! I know it was just a comedy/sorta-drama show; it reminded me of the Dad in "Good Times" getting killed, and also Col. Blake getting shot down on his way home from Korea in M*A*S*H, just wasn't expecting any of those. I guess one mark of a good series is getting you to care for a major character, and then inject a bit of Real Life...

Dude, spoiler alerts! (although I had come across that tidbit on FB already...)

No problem. Apparently in the original BBT, it was mentioned that Sheldon's dad died when he was 14, shortly before his move to Caltech. So I guess this shouldn't have come as any surprise, but I'd forgotten that detail.

Before turning off the news tonight, I checked the TV sched, and there were back-to-back Young Sheldon episodes on CBS (Monday ???), then I saw it was the very first two episodes, so I left the TV on.

First episode was 9-yr-old Sheldon being moved to High School, into his own older brother's grade, and all the mayhem that comes with that. The second episode I had seen before, and I now remember that because the "old" BBT Sheldon narrated it, I didn't watch it anymore. Still glad I got to see the very first episode, and will be watching the final episode this Thursday (with no comments; again, sorry Pauly!)

Last edited:
I used to go out for lunch while I was working; usually a close ethnic restaurant, or occasionally fast-food if I was busy or had too many meetings. Since I retired, I cook/experiment at home most of the time, but mebbe once a week I get lazy and go out for lunch, sometimes even fast food. Those orders I always took home, and they usually have a huge wad of napkins stuffed into the bag. Sometimes I needed one, but usually the rest were unused (I am a genteel, civilized diner), the extras always went into a pile for other uses. That pile is disturbingly high.

Tonight I needed about a third of those stupid napkins, and not for excess chipotle mayo...
Those last two episodes killed me, so very well-written. So cool to see the reminiscences of a certain middle-aged parent couple; and High Kudos for two billiant music selections: The Spinners' "Rubber Band Man" during a baptism, and Dire Straits' "Walk of Life" at the outtro. An amazing ending.

Back