• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

love loved loved this movie. great movie dude. not for the action, but for er... the storyline. and mads of course.

Watching Ted Lasso on Apple TV during the free 7 day trial. Should say, watched Ted Lasso, as in binge watched the 2 season in 2 days, on my computer. CMonster was right ( I kind of figured I would like the premise) Ted Lasso is a great show!! Still haven't figured out a) how to get it on my tv and b) if there is enough content on Apple TV to justify 5.99 per month. I seriously need to think about reducing my cable tv package however.

love loved loved this movie. great movie dude. not for the action, but for er... the storyline. and mads of course.
I watch a lot of foreign films, there are some real gems out there. I’ve been on a big Iko Uwais kick lately and have rewatched The Raid, Headshot and The Night Comes for Us a few times this last summer.

The Raid is probably my all time favorite action film.

and yes, Mads performance in Riders is stellar.

Watching Ted Lasso on Apple TV during the free 7 day trial. Should say, watched Ted Lasso, as in binge watched the 2 season in 2 days, on my computer. CMonster was right ( I kind of figured I would like the premise) Ted Lasso is a great show!! Still haven't figured out a) how to get it on my tv and b) if there is enough content on Apple TV to justify 5.99 per month. I seriously need to think about reducing my cable tv package however.
We’re still on a free one year subscription and haven’t explored much. The Morning Show is on our radar. Watch the Sound was pretty interesting:

I watch a lot of foreign films, there are some real gems out there. I’ve been on a big Iko Uwais kick lately and have rewatched The Raid, Headshot and The Night Comes for Us a few times this last summer.

The Raid is probably my all time favorite action film.

and yes, Mads performance in Riders is stellar.
walls, for what its worth,

Throwdown is on blu-ray now. its 28 bucks, but its probably one of the best HK movies ive seen in a long while. did i buy it? nope. not yet. waiting to drop at least 20 to swallow that bitter pill.

still finishing boardwalk empire. man im on season 4 and its astounding.
just finished boardwalk.

man, if there was an ultimate movie about the prohibition and some of their possible characters (some are fictional, despite some based on real people), this was great.
there was some strings left for me, but afterwards i think i can live with it.

Finished Midnight Mass a couple of days ago, very well done show - great writing/acting (as far as I can tell), very creepy. Kinda depressing (to me) in its picture of the gullibility/corruptibility of Christians, but it's so extreme in this show, hopefully people realize that. Anyway, I recommend it, dark in a what-the-hell-are-these-people-thinking kinda way, rather than overt horror (though there's a bit of that too).

We are about 4-5 episodes into Midnight Mass pretty good so far although I think I liked it better before things were revealed and there was a little more sense of supernatural mystery to the situation. Now that a lot of the mystery is out on the table somehow it feels less compelling.

We are about 4-5 episodes into Midnight Mass pretty good so far although I think I liked it better before things were revealed and there was a little more sense of supernatural mystery to the situation. Now that a lot of the mystery is out on the table somehow it feels less compelling.
Yeah I can see that. There are at least a couple of episodes that when they ended, I thought, "ok ... so now where are they going with this?"

Yeah I can see that. There are at least a couple of episodes that when they ended, I thought, "ok ... so now where are they going with this?"
Exactly. I feel like with scary religious allegory or supernatural themed movies that less is often more in terms of how much is revealed. It Follows, Saint Maud and The Witch are some recent examples I can think of. Very effective and full of mystery, tension and dread throughout (other then final moments but not so soon as to ruin all the mystery and suspense). It's much more compelling (IMO) to not really know if what is happening is real or supernatural.

Last edited:
Getting ready to fire up Dexter: New Blood….I should wait until 4-5 episodes are out but I’m too stoked.

Finished it last night. I didn't love the ending... not that I objected to the way the story ended logistically... but some of the rants/speeches towards the end felt stretched and a little over done IMO. Could have just let the facts/events play out naturally without all the proselytizing. Not sure what the message was even supposed to be by the end it just seemed lost in the mess. Still enjoyed a lot of this series there was just as much that I liked vs not.

Finished it last night. I didn't love the ending... not that I objected to the way the story ended logistically... but some of the rants/speeches towards the end felt stretched and a little over done IMO. Could have just let the facts/events play out naturally without all the proselytizing. Not sure what the message was even supposed to be by the end it just seemed lost in the mess. Still enjoyed a lot of this series there was just as much that I liked vs not.
Yeah more than a bit of a "pantheistic manifesto" by the main girl at the end, but ok... I think for me I enjoyed the acting overall, and (though more in the beginning) the suspense/buildup.

Yeah more than a bit of a "pantheistic manifesto" by the main girl at the end, but ok... I think for me I enjoyed the acting overall, and (though more in the beginning) the suspense/buildup.
That's exactly the word I was trying to think of (pantheistic) it was that speech that IMO jumped the shark a little and got lost or muddy at the end.

for those interested, hawkeye mayor started to stream this week on paramount plus. next week the rennerman is on disney plus alongside katniss....

i forgot the name.

mayor hawkeye i think.

:D

for those interested, hawkeye mayor started to stream this week on paramount plus. next week the rennerman is on disney plus alongside katniss....

i forgot the name.

mayor hawkeye i think.

:D
Mayor of Kingstown

there you go, mayor hawkeye of kingstown.

you can always think of 'the town' which sort of stemmed a bit of his career too.

not his singing career, the acting one for this canadian.

I've been watching Netflix Arcane.

I've been watching Netflix Arcane.

do i need to know anything about league of legends to enjoy it? artwork seems very well done..

Back