• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Trigger pulled - PSA 15V

If it were my room, I'd start with the second sub placed just to the left of the desk (to the left of the seating position). Even to the right of the desk might be good.
Wow. Didn't consider that as an option. Not sure the left of desk is an option. I will send a more accurate layout of dimensions soon

Just imagine your current sub as generating a pressure wave that propagates from one end of the "tube" around the bend, concentrates at the other end of the tube and refracts back.

If you put a second sub at the same end of the tube, that process gets exaggerated.

Instead, if you put the second sub at the other end of the tube, the wave will come from both ends and start interacting at the bend, or the are where the main speakers and TV are located. That will reduce the concentrations of energy at the ends of the tube and balance the pressures, and reduce some of the standing waves.

Just throwing this out here for shits and giggles, kind of, but what about stacking them? I know that may not be practical or even safe maybe, but it's a thought.

Just throwing this out here for shits and giggles, kind of, but what about stacking them? I know that may not be practical or even safe maybe, but it's a thought.
Two downward firing behemoths with three children. Yeah that's a no.

You can't, really. But if you are 100% set on one subwoofer's location, you then only hunt for the second location.
Not 100% set on anything but the back corners keep things out of the way. But if there isn't a benefit of two subs. Plus I may be considered invading other space

You single sub can play far louder than you ever need. If you aren't going to take advantage of the acoustical benefits of placing them in different places to reduce negative room effects, then don't buy another.

You single sub can play far louder than you ever need. If you aren't going to take advantage of the acoustical benefits of placing them in different places to reduce negative room effects, then don't buy another.
Agreed. Especially since your just looking for lows for the sake of movie affects. If trying to tame room issues for music listening then it would make more sense. Of course only if your willing to place the subs in the correct spots for the job.
You may get more of what you want from a couple of those "shakers" you mount to your seats.

Enough with the baby steps and incremental, partial upgrades by using these tiny 15" drivers. Do it once and do it right.

Just buy one of these:

46954859812_b1ea2c4245_b.jpg

In all seriousness, @bmwuk, your room is not that large a space and you already have a subwoofer which is probably two to four times more powerful than you will ever need in that room. Unless you are adding a subwoofer specifically to address issues with your room's resonant modes, I would not dare to cram another expensive subwoofer in there.

If, however, you do want to address room modes, you truly need to reconsider the placement of the existing subwoofer and the new additional subwoofer so both are working together to control room modes.

Otherwise you are wasting money for no real benefit other than your own self-worth.

But............if you decided to properly place them, you will be in LFE Bliss.....................

Back