• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Big House System - Pics

mzpro5

Famous
Got the LR system set up for now.

Here is a shot of the LR

c8c724b8.jpg

And here is a view of the system (sorry about PQ)

15d1eb9e.jpg

I got a lower end Yamaha receiver that I will use to replace the old Sony that is in there now.. I got from Amazon for$235, seems the price has gone up a bit.

Um...I'm confused. Those towers don't look like they're the MTS speakers. What am I missing?

Zing said:
Um...I'm confused. Those towers don't look like they're the MTS speakers. What am I missing?

They aren't. This will be in essence the secondary system comprised of the Sammy 5054 720p, the old Sony receiver (to be replaced by the new Yamaha), the BIC towers, center and sub, And Oppo 83.

The good stuff including the M*S series speakers the 58" Sammy plasma, the Onkyo 5508/Outlaw 7700 and the Oppo 93 is going in the basement when I get it moved from current house to there.

jomari said:
more pictures buddy!
There will be.

I have been running my ass off all week with this move thing so today is just recharging the batteries and veging out at the little house where the good stuff is still hooked up.

You know... If you'd list all the gear for your LR system in your signature there'd be less confusion.

Towen7 said:
You know... If you'd list all the gear for your LR system in your signature there'd be less confusion.
Seeing as how it is a work in progress I figured I'd just wait till everything is done and I only have to make one revision :teasing-neener:

EDIT: now does this help with the confusion for now? :happy-smileygiantred:

Well, I see a clock I'd love to have....along with the clock that Randy has on his fireplace.
Enjoy your "new" surroundings.....

Barney said:
Well, I see a clock I'd love to have....along with the clock that Randy has on his fireplace.
Enjoy your "new" surroundings.....
My Mom had that clock on the opposite corner of "in front of" that doorway. There was plenty of room for a person to get thru but not some of the furniture. We had to move it to it's current location.

But moving one of those is a complex process. All the weights and the pendulum have to be removed wearin cloth gloves and put on a very clean cloth. You have to be reall careful in the move. I didn't realize it but the base is separate from the clock, which just sits on the base. Made moving it challenging, actually they should be moved by pro's but at the time we had little choice.

It is not running now which is to be expected after we moved it. So I have to decide where I want it permanently (present position is a possibility) and the call the pros to move and set it.

What does the phone line do with the DircTV STB.

There is no active phone line in the big house. When I move in I will be using my Vonage setup (which i currently for the phone connection in the little house) but it will not be near any of the DTV boxes and running a phone extension line could be a serious hassle.

Am I OK without it?

EDIT: Nevermind I looked it up. Basically you only need it for PPV, stuff on their gaming channel or to order sports packages and special events. None of which I have ever done.

Towen7 said:
Are those dumbells under the front of the TV stand?

Yes, it was what was handy at the time. There is about a 3-4" over hang out from the fireplace. It is pretty stable w/o the support so the dumbells are more of an "insurance policy". The guy that helped me set it up is a good woodworker and is already working on some legs.

I don't think I would use the gas fireplace more than4-6 times a year so it was a trade off I was willing to make to have the TV at the best location for full room viewing.

mzpro5 said:
...so the dumbells are more of an "insurance policy".
Oh. I thought they were there for convenient access when you're watching your Denise Austin Aerobicse workout disc. :eusa-whistle:

PIVE_D13352D.jpg

Zing said:
mzpro5 said:
...so the dumbells are more of an "insurance policy".
Oh. I thought they were there for convenient access when you're watching your Denise Austin Aerobicse workout disc. :eusa-whistle:

PIVE_D13352D.jpg

I am busy doing other things when watching Denise workout. :?

So you were able to repurpose the dumbells because the that new shake-weight is so handy?

Ha... "handy"... See what I did there?

^ LOL

mzpro5 said:
I am busy doing other things when watching Denise workout.
I know, right? She's kinda hot.

I say kinda because her giant horse teeth bother me. But when she's not smiling, she's smokin'!

Zing said:
^ LOL

mzpro5 said:
I am busy doing other things when watching Denise workout.
I know, right? She's kinda hot.

I say kinda because her giant horse teeth bother me. But when she's not smiling, she's smokin'!

I'll have to look. I'm usually not focused on her teeth. :happy-smileygiantred:

And at 55 she is great!

Looking good Jeff! Just remember to take your time, it all doesn't have to be done in a week. Enjoy the new space!

Back