• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Stranger Things!

Huey

Famous
Anybody else watching this on Netflix? At least starting out, it does feel like a Steven Spielberg movie from the 80's. I started watching by myself the other night, but decided to stop so that I could watch it with the wife. I really can't say what it is about, as we are three episodes in, and not a lot of questions have been answered.

I watched it, yeah it's very well done. Very Stephen King, if you've read his earlier novels (e.g. It).

I watched it, yeah it's very well done. Very Stephen King, if you've read his earlier novels (e.g. It).

I'm not sure if Firestarter, at least that's what I think of with Drew Barrymore, is by Stephen King, but the little girl in this show reminds me of that movie as well.

Also, don't know if this series was shot on 4K cameras, but the video quality of this show is outstanding, as well as the surround sound.

Finished watching the series Monday night, it's only 8, 50 or so minute episodes. Surprised more people aren't talking about this, it was a really good show.

Started watching on Wednesday, finished on Friday. I obviously didn't like it at all.

I get the Stephen King vibe.. I had early said it was a mash-up of Goonies, ET and Poltergeist.

In any case, anyone that hasn't watched it, I'd definitely recommend it. I just hope they don't have a sophomore slump with the (still not green-lit) second season.

Defintely a great series. Love the music! I'm very interested to see where season 2 takes us.

Loved it. I read that other networks turned this down but not Netflix. Glad they picked it up.

Kids and I started watching the series. Enjoying it a lot! We just started episode 5 and expect to be finished tonight.

So anybody binge watch Season 2 this weekend? My wife and I really enjoyed it, probably more so than season one, although there was one episode that seemed out of place. Pretty cool to be comparing it to the Goonies last year, and then Sean Astin is in this season.

We started watching season 2, got a few episodes in and took a break. The GF and her kids like it a lot more than I do.

Its ok though, I am into it, just not crazy about it. I do like some of the things that have happened in season 2 and I wont give them away.

So anybody binge watch Season 2 this weekend? My wife and I really enjoyed it, probably more so than season one, although there was one episode that seemed out of place. Pretty cool to be comparing it to the Goonies last year, and then Sean Astin is in this season.

Yeah and he got old an fat. When I told everyone that was Sam from LOTR they almost didn't believe me.

* slight spoiler*

The kids and I started and finished on Saturday. We all agreed it at least measured up to season 1, if not exceeded it altogether. Huey, are you talking about Eleven’s “side quest” for a lack of better words? If so I could take or leave that episode as well. I can see why they went that direction though. I thought it was IMDb, or a similar site, that seasons 3 & 4 have already been ordered. I hope they change things up somehow to keep the series fresh. It could get really repetitive if the writers aren’t careful.

He definitely has put on some pounds, but I think he made a great addition to the cast, and he gets more screen time later on in the series. I also don't remember as much music in the first season, although I could be wrong, but it seems about every 5 minutes they are playing a clip of a song from the 80's. Not that I'm complaining, but they do get the nostalgia feeling just right, in my opinion.

Yeah and he got old an fat. When I told everyone that was Sam from LOTR they almost didn't believe me.
It’s hard to believe the LOTR trilogy is 15 years old this coming summer. Sean Astin is in his mid to late 40s now.

* slight spoiler*

The kids and I started and finished on Saturday. We all agreed it at least measured up to season 1, if not exceeded it altogether. Huey, are you talking about Eleven’s “side quest” for a lack of better words? If so I could take or leave that episode as well. I can see why they went that direction though. I thought it was IMDb, or a similar site, that seasons 3 & 4 have already been ordered. I hope they change things up somehow to keep the series fresh. It could get really repetitive if the writers aren’t careful.
Yes, Elevens side quest without revealing any spoilers. I can see why they did it, but both the wife and I said it didn't feel like a Stranger Things episode.

* SPOILERS*

Well I was wondering when Eight would reappear after the intro clip from Episode 1. I don’t really mind the “side quest” I think it could’ve been handled better to integrate more seamlessly with the entire season. That could’ve been a 3 episode arc so it wouldn’t have felt shoehorned in. And her encounter with Eight and her crew didn’t really pay off other than for Eleven to decide to go save her friends on her own accord, and I suppose receive a little training.

I agree completely Batman, but don't want to say anymore for those that haven't seen it yet. Overall, I liked this season as much as the first, if not better. I do wish they would explain the upside down and how it came to be.

Started watching Season 1 on the weekend with the kids. Love it, and love the music!!

Skipping through the spoiler alerts!!!

Back