• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Star Trek: Discovery delayed again

And the show gets a big bump from Kevin Spacey! I have a feeling that this latest story is just the tip of ice berg because even Kevin admits there are probably other stories out there as well. Which is sad, as I always thought he was good actor, and would hate to see his career go down the drain.

The problem is that I think we have all been jerks in our foolish and often failed attempts to get laid - especially when drunk. If every man were to be judged on the single worst thing they've ever done and the entirety of the rest of his life were ignored, we would all be facing a firing squad of popular hatred.

Um, he was 26 and the boy was 14. That's more than just a drunken escapade.

See, that's the problem. If we really was so drunk he forgot about it (assuming that's true), he may have been out of control of his behavior. Habe you never drunkenly propositioned a girl under the legal age only to find out later how stupid it was?

Drunken men sometimes do really stupid things and if the stupid thibgs are very rare and no one actually gets hurt (I think most people know how to say no to overtly driven men, even teenagers), then there are a very large numbers of men deserving of being sacrificed.

I will add that drunken women do it too. When I was young andd in the music industry there were several older women who drunkenly propositioned me while I was still legally too young. If we judge everyone on drunken propositions, society is fucked.

Habe you never drunkenly propositioned a girl under the legal age only to find out later how stupid it was?
If only there were someone on this forum known to have done something like this...:p

See, that's the problem. If we really was so drunk he forgot about it (assuming that's true), he may have been out of control of his behavior. Habe you never drunkenly propositioned a girl under the legal age only to find out later how stupid it was?

Drunken men sometimes do really stupid things and if the stupid thibgs are very rare and no one actually gets hurt (I think most people know how to say no to overtly driven men, even teenagers), then there are a very large numbers of men deserving of being sacrificed.
You're making excuses for him because he was drunk? And no, I have never propositioned an underage girl when drunk except when I was underage. I'm going to bet that this isn't the only story we here about, just hoping it doesn't involve underage boys.

No, I am not saying he is free from guilt or accountability. I am saying it is insane to judge everyone on a single really bad action when ultimately nothing bad happened.

No, I am not saying he is free from guilt or accountability. I am saying it is insane to judge everyone on a single really bad action when ultimately nothing bad happened.
He laid on top of a 14 year old when he was 26. You call that nothing bad? What if that was your 14 year old? I can't believe I'm even arguing the point with you.

Wait, the story I read was that he propositioned the kid, not that they did anything. Perhaps that's why you cannot comprehend my point. I wasn't interested in researching the story, but the two articles I read claimed the younger said he propositioned him and nothing actually happened after that.

From my understanding, he picked the boy up, carried him across the thresh hold like a bride, laid him on the bed and then laid on top of him, so yes, there was physical contact.

Huh? did threads get mixed up? I don't see how this discussion of Kevin Spacey pertains to Star Trek Discovery.

Huh? did threads get mixed up? I don't see how this discussion of Kevin Spacey pertains to Star Trek Discovery.
The guy who Kevin forced himself on, is now an actor on the new Star Trek series.

From my understanding, he picked the boy up, carried him across the thresh hold like a bride, laid him on the bed and then laid on top of him, so yes, there was physical contact.

That's what I had seen as well.

And I saw a picture of what he looked like at 14. He didn't look 14, he looked younger.

I'd agree that if it was just a "hey, whatchoo doing" kind of thing, I'd say give the guy a little bit of a break. But it sounds like it went much farther. He did let him go eventually, but it sounds like there was a little bit of a hard sell on this one.

That's what I had seen as well.

And I saw a picture of what he looked like at 14. He didn't look 14, he looked younger.

I'd agree that if it was just a "hey, whatchoo doing" kind of thing, I'd say give the guy a little bit of a break. But it sounds like it went much farther. He did let him go eventually, but it sounds like there was a little bit of a hard sell on this one.
I haven't seen a picture of him when he was younger, but did have to look him up as I thought he looked like one of the two geeky guys from Dazed and Confused. I am curious on how Spacey even knew to come onto the kid though. Most kids who were gay in 1986 weren't openly gay, especially with the AIDS epidemic in full swing.

Loving season 3 so far. Much better than most of season 2 which lost me with the confusing parallel universe crap.

Loving season 3 so far. Much better than most of season 2 which lost me with the confusing parallel universe crap.
This is the second (not third) season, right? Or have I missed something lol?

In terms of being a Star Trek show, my friends and I have been disappointed in this series so far.

I feel the show is ok in terms of entertainment value, but would be better off as an independent show not part of the ST franchise.

I also felt the parallel universe stuff from last season was just weird and out of place, and unfortunately it doesn't seem like they're done with that plotline :rolleyes:

At first I thought this season was starting off better, but not really sure as it goes on...

Sorry, yes, this is the second season being shown now. I was confused because they split the first season into two parts in terms of broadcast times.

I love it, generally. What bothers me is (semi-spoiler) the leaders of the Discovery are consistently willing to risk the lives of the entire crew and ship and even risk harming the Federation in order to help one crew member with a mostly personal problem. I find it insane that anyone would make such illogical and dangerous choices.

Back