• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Spectrum Streaming

mzpro5

Famous
I recently had to go to the local Spectrum office and get them my old TW modem and pick up a new one. first thing that new modem really improved performance across the board. Best thing I have done in a while.

When I was there they told me about their streaming only service which is similar to Sling. No contract and they offered the first month free, after that $20/month. So thought I would give it a try. There were intial problems geting the service to work, about 8 phone calls to spectrum where they admited it wasn't working for some subscribers but sisn't know why would look into it. After about 10 days I gave up but lo and behold this morning when I checked it was working and looks almost as good as Netflix and Hulu. Much better than my experience with Sling. Big things is local channels are included plus it appears they have a good On Demand library so I am able to watch past episodes, current season, from one of my favorite shows Major Crimes.

I'll give it a try for a month and if it contiues to works s it is now will keep it.

I recently had to go to the local Spectrum office and get them my old TW modem and pick up a new one. first thing that new modem really improved performance across the board. Best thing I have done in a while.

When I was there they told me about their streaming only service which is similar to Sling. No contract and they offered the first month free, after that $20/month. So thought I would give it a try. There were intial problems geting the service to work, about 8 phone calls to spectrum where they admited it wasn't working for some subscribers but sisn't know why would look into it. After about 10 days I gave up but lo and behold this morning when I checked it was working and looks almost as good as Netflix and Hulu. Much better than my experience with Sling. Big things is local channels are included plus it appears they have a good On Demand library so I am able to watch past episodes, current season, from one of my favorite shows Major Crimes.

I'll give it a try for a month and if it contiues to works s it is now will keep it.

I cannot believe they get away with charging $20 a month for streaming the same content they provide via their cable boxes. The marketing departments are probably still celebrating that people would go for that.

If the streaming only tier is cheaper than the linear option why is it surprising?

If the streaming only tier is cheaper than the linear option why is it surprising?

Because they are essentially using the same capabilities as their linear service, but with significantly less overhead per user. I would expect it to cost less than the cable box rental, like $7 a month.

My opinion on the cost is based on the subscriber having a regular service at home and adding streaming as an optional additional service. Streaming alone should cost about the same as home service.

I'm playing around with YouTube tv right now. It's a free trial. I'm really wanting to drop my cable service.

My opinion on the cost is based on the subscriber having a regular service at home and adding streaming as an optional additional service. Streaming alone should cost about the same as home service.

I have Spectrum Internet only, no cable TV. I can get TV service for $20 if I used a box it would be at least $40. I don't see why you feel I am being taken advantage of.

I have Spectrum Internet only, no cable TV. I can get TV service for $20 if I used a box it would be at least $40. I don't see why you feel I am being taken advantage of.

Ah.. see, that's different. I thought you had regular cable and added streaming. $20 to add streaming is very expensive, in my opinion.

Ah.. see, that's different. I thought you had regular cable and added streaming. $20 to add streaming is very expensive, in my opinion.

I thought you may have thought that.

My understanding is that with Spectrum if you have cable TV you can stream for free. Their streaming service is tailored to people like me. There man competition in this area being Sling, direcTV Streaming and the PS 4 app.

That seems like a very solid deal mz. YouTube tv is $35.00. No hgtv, no discovery, no history.

That seems like a very solid deal mz. YouTube tv is $35.00. No hgtv, no discovery, no history.

I've got all those plus the biggies TNT TBS and alot more. Along with the locals they also have their "alternative digital" channels.

Of course this could be their big push into the market so now that Net Neutrality is gone they can start throttling down others and give full speed to their own streaming service . ;)

Hope your wrong about the net. I'm on the side that you are, but honestly the greed out there makes me nervous.

Yea the YouTube tv is way too high.

Hope your wrong about the net. I'm on the side that you are, but honestly the greed out there makes me nervous.

Yea the YouTube tv is way too high.

Dent after doing some investigating I don't think a person needs to have any spectrum services in order to take advantage of the App and streaming.

The app is readily available on Roku not sure how many devices and/or smart TV's the app is supported by.

One channel that is not available is TCM

Dent after doing some investigating I don't think a person needs to have any spectrum services in order to take advantage of the App and streaming.

The app is readily available on Roku not sure how many devices and/or smart TV's the app is supported by.

One channel that is not available is TCM
Wow really? I'll check into it. Thanks.

I'm playing around with YouTube tv right now. It's a free trial. I'm really wanting to drop my cable service.

We got YouTube TV about a month back and like it so far. The DVR works the way I would expect a DVR to function (i.e. ability to skip ads). Not being limited to tuners and storage is nice. The integration with Google Assistant and Google Home is pretty slick too. The five included user accounts tie right into my Google family, so I can manage it also with Google Play Music and YouTube Red.

We got YouTube TV about a month back and like it so far. The DVR works the way I would expect a DVR to function (i.e. ability to skip ads). Not being limited to tuners and storage is nice. The integration with Google Assistant and Google Home is pretty slick too. The five included user accounts tie right into my Google family, so I can manage it also with Google Play Music and YouTube Red.
Good to know. Those 3 damn missing channels is killing me. Also when I screen cast I get an image smaller then my tv. Any ideas?

Back