• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Speaker Stands

heeman

PRETTY HAPPY.........
Famous
So the dilemma of what speaker stands to buy for the new Vera speakers in the home theater ............

Nah.............let's build them!

My first task was to pick through left over Birch Plywood to see if I could pull this off without a trip to Home Disapointment, etc.

stands001_zpse793f177.jpg

Then to cut 6 pc's to 10.25" x 13.75"

stands002_zpsd2fd3698.jpg

stands003_zps49f0eb31.jpg

Then the compressor dies............................... It figures!!! :angry-tappingfoot:

Now attached the bottoms to the bases.

stands011_zps4d4d4245.jpg

Use 2.5" Spax screws to secure the center support to the bottom and top platform. These Spax screws are great, I used them during the renovation for the HT.

stands019_zpsb57a6c87.jpg

Stand Mock up.

stands015_zps3a61904b.jpg

I used the same birch ply, .75", sandwiched 2 pieces and glued. Screwed from the back.

stands021_zps605b8886.jpg

Sanded and applied first coat of flat black paint.

stands023_zps84224234.jpg

I am hoping that these will work out really well.

I picked the LF and RF Stand height by using the Studio 60 tweeter height as a reference, 34" to the center of the tweeter.

I used the max height I could for the center to be under the bottom of the screen, with a slight tilt angle up.

I should be able to get the last coat of paint on tomorrow AM, let them dry and bring them in the HT. I will try to take some pic's with them in place, however you guys know how well the dark HT photographs.

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Cool! Nice quick little project with a valuable result.

Thanks Guys..................that table saw should have been purchased 20 yrs ago. This is the first time I used it on a project and so much easier and faster than the previous method.

I still need another coat of paint, however here is a dry run.

Stability is good.

stands1003_zpsf2a19d72.jpg

stands1004_zpsbe199efc.jpg

Ah, but can it handle the cat-jumps-on-the-speaker-while-it's-on-the-stand test? :laughing:

What was all that green stuff in the driveway shots?

Jeff (from the Great White North)

Keith - Those maple speakers look out of place on black stands in your black theater. It kills me to do it but you can send all six of those and I'll send you six BLACK Polk Audio TSi 200s.

PaulyT said:
Ah, but can it handle the cat-jumps-on-the-speaker-while-it's-on-the-stand test? :laughing:

The HT is OFF LIMITS to our Furkids........... Everytime we open the door, the 2 males come bolting into...........only to get the door closed in their faces...

But NO, they would not withstand a cat jumping onto them.......

Towen7 said:
Keith - Those maple speakers look out of place on black stands in your black theater. It kills me to do it but you can send all six of those and I'll send you six BLACK Polk Audio TSi 200s.

Um..........................let me think about it for a micro-second..........NO!

Back