• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Read this article...

What!? The Koss CM/1030 did not make the list?! I'm outa here.

Jeff

I do not disagree with any of the speakers on the list, but I miss seeing the original ESL from Quad.

Well, I and gonna take a page out of Jeff's book.

Influential: : having the power to cause changes : having influence

They didn't say best and they didn't say most accurate. they even mentioned that when they listed the Accoustimass. I didn't read the whole thing but I hope to revisit it tomorrow.

Every speaker on that list changed the audio world forever, and that's why I miss the Quad ESL. The Quad ESL changed our perception of what accurate could be and for nearly a decade it was the only speaker which could produce a truly accurate midrange and treble and forced every other speaker maker to find a way to compete and changed the landscape forever.

I also miss the seeing the original Energy 1 speaker which Dr. Toole introduced to the world and pretty much created the 1980's large dome tweeter + a single mid-woofer using a simple crossover. A major move forward and spurned Energy, PSB, Paradigm and other Canadian brands who's popularity reinvigorated the US and British speaker makers to imitate the engineering.

I'm happy that my beloved Advents were #2 on the list. The speakers I almost bought in their stead, the Bose 901's, were also on the list (and would've fit in the back seat of my 1970 Maverick so much better...)

Back