• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Pioneer Elite SC-71

apcarandang

Finally updated my old B&K preamp yesterday with a Pioneer Elite SC-71. Typical setup with auto setup and checked with my SPL meter and everything is good. What I didn't expect was they have an app for your iPhone/iPad. Pretty basic but still nice. I guess they assume once you've calibrated your speakers. All you need is power on/off, volume and input select. It does Airplay. I need to figure out how to get to access iTunes without using an AppleTV.

This is my first purchase in a few years since I have more HDMI sources in my living room now that don't have 7.1 analog outputs.

But for less than $900 I'm loving this receiver.

I'm contemplating on whether to connect it to my 5 Parasound 5 channel amp but I think I'll use it as it is. I don't want to have to connect extra cables to my amp from the AVR.

I actually watched SkyFall last night with my Bluray player connected to it. It sounded good but the movie sucked royally.

Congratulations, those "Elite" receivers are very nice! :handgestures-thumbup:

Dennie :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

apcarandang said:
I need to figure out how to get to access iTunes without using an AppleTV.
You can use Apple's own Remote app (itunes has to be running in your pc/mac), and choose the Pioneer receiver as the play to device.

Congrats on your purchase. They are nice receivers.

apcarandang said:
I'm contemplating on whether to connect it to my 5 Parasound 5 channel amp but I think I'll use it as it is. I don't want to have to connect extra cables to my amp from the AVR.

I actually watched SkyFall last night with my Bluray player connected to it. It sounded good but the movie sucked royally.
Nice purchase!

I've owned Yamaha, Denon, Marantz, etc. receivers but my favourite brand is Pioneer.

I think that it should provide more than enough power for just about any set-up. While Pioneer tends to overrate the power capabilities of their receivers (less so with the Elite models) in real-world conditions they sound great. ie. the play loudly and cleanly with just about any speaker, in stereo or multi-channel.

But what I like the best about Pioneer is their proprietary MCACC set-up/room EQ system. The one in my three year old Pioneer works like a charm.

Congrats again.

Do you have any issues with the HDMI out?? I don't like that it doesn't have a pass through mode. Sometimes I would like to watch tv without the Elite on but it won't let me.

apcarandang said:

What model Parasound amp is it? If it's the 2205a that thing has tons if power!

Back