• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Pacific Rim

walls

Had this on my shelf forever and finally got to watch it last night. The movie itself IMO was pretty much just "meh" for me. But the quality of the pic and sound is awesome and I would sit through it again for those aspects alone.

I can't believe the hype this movie received, the fight scenes were cool and all but so were the fight scenes in the third Transformer movie and this film has about as much going for it plot hole wise as that one did. Lol.

Bring on the new Godzilla!!!!!!

i loved this movie, but man, they shouldve invested more in the jaeger fights a LOT more, instead of the dramatic parts.

i also wanted to see some sort of prequel, showing off the other robots too.

oh well...

I feel like I should have loved it but just wasn't feeling it overall. Could have watched another hour of fights or maybe some backstory on actually building the Jaegers, very very large pill to swallow with how quickly they were constructed.

You thought this movie was overhyped? The first time I saw an ad for this I dismissed it immediately as worthless nonsensical garbage. So I came into it with the opposite feeling of "This is going to be terrible". Therefore, I was pleasantly surprised. Think I heard a rumor about a sequel.

The DirtMerchant said:
You thought this movie was overhyped? The first time I saw an ad for this I dismissed it immediately as worthless nonsensical garbage. So I came into it with the opposite feeling of "This is going to be terrible". Therefore, I was pleasantly surprised.

That was my experience exactly.

walls said:
But the quality of the pic and sound is awesome and I would sit through it again for those aspects alone.
Wait till you fire up a good sub (cough). :eusa-whistle:

I tried to convince myself that it'd be worth a $1.50 Redbox rental but couldn't do it...

I am glad I only paid $5 for it, but it is an excellent piece of eye candy. You just have to accept that the only purpose the plot serves is to connect the giant battles between mecs and monsters.

Actually sat through it again with my wife last night, she didn't care for it. She said, and it quote "this is just stupid". Lol.

^ Yea, we said the same thing, however the comments about eye and ear candy if right on..............

I'm with Haywood but the code for 5.00 and my father loved it but he likes quirky movies. It was okay for me I'm sure on a lazy Saturday I'd watch it again.

I'm just about to go downstairs and watch another movie that has been on the shelf for a while...... The Purge.

Fingers crossed, lol.

The main failing of the movie is that you just can't bring yourself to give a crap about any of the characters.

Haywood said:
The main failing of the movie is that you just can't bring yourself to give a crap about any of the characters.

yup, pretty much spot on.

It ain't a drama. Giant monsters and robots..., what did you expect? It's eye and ear candy.

Back