• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New speakers - Revel Performa3 F206

Congrats on the new speakers! They look really nice. Hopefully you have the second one unboxed by now and are getting them both in place to listen to them. Post more pics and your thoughts!

Congrats and as previously mentioned, YOU SUCK!!!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them. I have never heard anything bad about Revel, except they are out of my price range.

Now this is a good thread. Congrats- they look great. Hope they sound as good as they look!
I'll have them unboxed tonight once the girls are asleep. But critical listening probably Friday. The packaging was pretty crazy. The whole thing was wrapped in protective plastic

Snapchat-755468253.jpg Snapchat-26355347.jpg Snapchat-1320695192.jpg

Last edited:
What will you be driving these with??
Presently Just my Yamaha receiver. I've been looking at the used market at amps such as Parasound A23 or Rotel RB or RMB models.

I've got other items I want though.

Presently Just my Yamaha receiver. I've been looking at the used market at amps such as Parasound A23 or Rotel RB or RMB models.

I've got other items I want though.

There's a nice M&K amp for sale on Austin Craigslist.

Man, amps are just not in the cards for several months. Honestly no audio is until after my wife's birthday at a minimum. I have to start saving for some other stuff.

Nice speakers, whens the GTG party? Also how much do they weigh a piece?

Just curious, are you going to try and break them in with some burn in music. I used some on a pair of new headphones I bought. Via some frequency sweep and pink noise from a few YouTube tracks. Not sure if it really helped but thought it couldn't hurt to try.

Last edited:
Nice speakers, whens the GTG party? Also how much do they weigh a piece?

Just curious, are you going to try and break them in with some burn in music. I used some on a pair of new headphones I bought. Via some frequency sweep and pink noise from a few YouTube tracks. Not sure if it really helped but thought it couldn't hurt to try.

They are 58 lbs a piece. The narrow footprint is causing me to look into getting those Outriggers to widen the base, to prevent tipping if my girls bump hard into them. More a preventative approach. But they aren't cheap, at about $300 for both speakers total.

The speakers IMO are gorgeous. The fit and finish is superb. One grill had a water or liquid stain which they are taking care of now by sending a new one. Might be glue stain as well

Listening. I haven't had much time with them but I will say the difference is pretty clear from my Paradigms. I will get more descriptive later but for now I have enjoyed them. Even my wife could tell the difference. It wasn't that my old speakers were terrible, it is just these are REALLY good. Playing "Lucky" by Daft Punk was really nice. But the one thing I have an issue with right now is I don't have any lossless material since I basically stored or threw out my CDs due to space. So I only have Tidal and the non-lossless version via Bluetooth.

Second, my Yamaha receiver doesn't allow for the large setting on the mains and have the subwoofer kick in. The bass is good on the towers but I was hoping to have both. Might be a shortcoming of the TSR-7790. Perhaps @Dentman can comment since he has the same receiver.

rps20180608_105810.jpg

Back