• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New Receiver for Bob

Bob R

Well, after ten years of loyal service, my Denon 1802 died on me. This is in my secondary office system so everything is hooked up analog. 5.1 for the universal disc player and a turntable.

Boy, it's hard to get analog inputs on a $500 - $1500 receiver. Phono inputs are almost as rare.

My one year old Onkyo NR708 does it, so I almost bought the 709. But on AVS I learned about a deal on Newegg. $480 for:

YAMAHA RX-V773WABL 7-Channel AV Receiver with WiFi Adapter + $320 off w/ promo code EMCXTVV84, ends 3/28

No 5.1 analog inputs but 6 in, two out HDMI. Since my downstairs is all HDMI, it's off to the office for the Onkyo.

The best of both worlds, I still Love the NR 708. Plus a new toy to learn & play with.

x022RXV773-F.jpeg

:banana-rock: :banana-dance: :banana-rock: :banana-dance:

Congrats! I have your unit's predecessor, the RX-V765, love it.

Oh, and you suck!

EDIT: my receiver does have two audio-only analog inputs, guess they just dropped them... :(

Congrats my old friend. I'll soon be getting something....I just may consider a Yamaha.
Keep us posted.... :music-rockout:
By the way...........you SUCK !

Botch said:
Congrats! I have your unit's predecessor, the RX-V765, love it.

Oh, and you suck!

EDIT: my receiver does have two audio-only analog inputs, guess they just dropped them... :(

Botch:

Are they 5.1 analog inputs?

They all have 2.0 analog and digital (coax & optical) inputs. NG for SACD/DVD-A.

btw: I have not been told that I suck recently.

It's quite an honor.

:handgestures-thumbup:

Bob R said:
Are they 5.1 analog inputs?

They all have 2.0 analog and digital (coax & optical) inputs. NG for SACD/DVD-A.
Sorry, I noticed the word "turntable" but missed "universal disk player"; yes, they're just stereo in's on my unit.

Wished I was ready to buy a receiver right now. That Yammy is $800 at Amazon. Way out of my plans.
pray everything worked out with your order, my friend.

I forgot to mention the free shipping.

Order it on Sunday, ships on Monday and it is out for delivery on Tuesday (today).

That's my idea of quick shipping.

It will be running tonight. :banana-rock:

It will take a few days to switch out receivers upstairs. I'm glad I stocked up on bannana plugs. :happy-smileygiantred:

Congrats on the new purchase. ~ :handgestures-thumbup:

$320 discount and free shipping = damn good deal on a nice AVR

Back