• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New Family Room Setup

Haywood

Famous
After several frustrating weekends, we finally finished the Ikea wall unit in our family room, set up the home theater (other than the surrounds) and got our movies put away. The back half of the room is still full of boxes that we are going through and unpacking, so we don't have our seating, exercise equipment, bookcases or surround speakers in place yet, but finishing this wall unit felt like a HUGE milestone. I will not bore you with the details of all the things that made this miserable (uneven floors and walls played a big part), but suffice to say it was a nightmare.

The system consists of a 50-inch 120hz 1080p Toshiba LED LCD set, a lower-end Yamaha receiver, five Insignia speakers, a 10-inch Polk subwoofer, a PS3, a Roku 3 and a Squeezebox (thanks, CMonster). It is mainly there for the kids to play video games and kick back for a movie or some TV with their friends. Seating is by Lovesac. I'll get pictures of the seating up once the room is finished. In the meantime...

WP_20150201_19_16_47_Pro_zps769577f2.jpg

WP_20150201_19_16_25_Pro_zps55d056a4.jpg

My helper
WP_20150131_14_46_31_Pro_zpsf085ea32.jpg

Nice! You're an awesome dad, to go through that much for the kids' area. :laughing: Not sure I'd do that much... 'course, my main HT screen is smaller than that!

This room is the kids hang-out, but the back half is going to be the home gym. Those cabinets are also where most of our movie collection is stored. All ten drawers and the 12 boxes on top are full of discs.

more pictures bro! id love to take a peak into the whole room if you please! im still working on mine and might be able to show how mine turned out...

The other half of the room is full of boxes and stuff that needs to be unpacked and it looks pretty terrible right now. I'm guessing it will be another couple weeks. I have two glass door bookcases to put in toward the back on the right wall of the room on either side of the door. I'm going to get an elliptical trainer and some kind of home gym to put in the back of the room. The seating is going to be a Lovesac Pillowsac and a Lovesac Citysac.

Pillowsac (Chocolate Brown)
h195289.002

Citysac (Ours will be wine, which is a slightly different color)
lovesac-movie-sac-red.jpg

Haywood said:
The seating is going to be a Lovesac Pillowsac and a Lovesac Citysac.

Pillowsac (Chocolate Brown)
h195289.002

Citysac (Ours will be wine, which is a slightly different color)
lovesac-movie-sac-red.jpg

Damn, if I had those I'd lose my job over non-attendence. :shock:

We have a Lovesac Sactional in our living room that is also insanely comfortable (and huge). Meet Couchzilla:

WP_20150115_22_31_42_Pro_zps72215ec2.jpg

Back