• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

More TV on DVD purchases for me.

Kazaam

I’m clearly an idiot who just can’t stop. More recent DVD purchases. And one might ask why DVD and not Blu-ray, at least, if not streaming. I dunno. Price, I guess. I think everything I’ve bought has mostly been quite a lot cheaper than streaming. That said, it doesn’t exactly feel cutting edge buying DVDs in 2023.

This below list is from January. (It adds to my previous December haul.)

The Six Million Dollar Man - Complete Series
The Incredible Hulk - Complete Series
21 Jump Street - Complete Series
Starsky & Hutch - Season 1
Airwolf - Season 2
Greatest American Hero - Season 1 (w/2 and 3 coming soon)

(Honorable mention: The Fall Guy season 1 bought from iTunes/Apple streaming.)

Last edited:
I have a few seasons of TV on DVD to keep in the RV in the event of a rainout and/or we can’t get internet to stream. We like to have the TV on to fall asleep to.

I’m clearly an idiot who just can’t stop. More recent DVD purchases. And one might ask why DVD and not Blu-ray, at least, if not streaming. I dunno. Price, I guess. I think everything I’ve bought has mostly been quite a lot cheaper than streaming. That said, it doesn’t exactly feel cutting edge buying DVDs in 2023.

This below list is from January. (It adds to my previous December haul.)

The Six Million Dollar Man - Complete Series
The Incredible Hulk - Complete Series
21 Jump Street - Complete Series
Starsky & Hutch - Season 1
Airwolf - Season 2
Greatest American Hero - Season 1 (w/2 and 3 coming soon)

(Honorable mention: The Fall Guy season 1 bought from iTunes/Apple streaming.)
I was just in Walmart and couldn't believe the number of new releases that they had on DVD. Hardly any blurays and only 1 or 2 4k disks. So I don't think you're alone. Although I suspect Walmart figured out the people that would buy the better formats, probably are just gonna stream them anyways. I did buy the complete series of WKRP in Cincinnati on DVD last year, but that was mostly for the Thanksgiving episode that is freaking hilarious.

Back