• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Marvel, Sony Strike Deal For Spider-Man in MCU

Re: Mavel, Sony Strike Deal For Spider-Man in MCU

Saw an article on this last night! I'm stoked!

I'm not sure that's easily accomplished, the Spider-Man franchise is in a bit of a rut right now creatively and the fan base has been pretty vocal about getting the property back into the hands of Marvel. The X-men franchise has two consecutive hits critically and commercially. I'm not sure Fox is anywhere near ready to do a similar deal....of course we can hope and keep our fingers crossed.

Also of note is that Andrew Garfield is probably out as Spidey.

Batman said:

I hope this is true. I'm curious to see who Marvel will cast for Spidey now. They do a good job with casting.

Also it's nice to see Kevin Feige will be co-producing the stand alone Spidey movies. On the other hand I guess they had no choice to have him as co-producer.

Hey, let's not forget about The Incredibles. They should get some screen time just like Spiderman. And that's not as far fetched or impossible as it sounds. Of course I'm kidding, but all of these started out as comics, and Disney does own the rights to both franchises, right?

Mr.6 said:
Batman said:

I hope this is true. I'm curious to see who Marvel will cast for Spidey now. They do a good job with casting.

Also it's nice to see Kevin Feige will be co-producing the stand alone Spidey movies. On the other hand I guess they had no choice to have him as co-producer.

I second the "out with Garfield"...but I do think the directing was either as bad or worse. I know Spidey is a wise-ass but the way it was put in was so cheezy.

I didn't mind him at all in ASM(1) but outside of Garfield and Stone's onscreen chemistry, EVERYBODY dropped the ball in ASM2. But if this addition to the MCU means a completely fresh new take, then I'm on board. Overall, Marvel has a pretty damn good track record.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Garfield is officially OUT.

This better not make me buy another $400 statue, dammit! :angry-cussingblack:

:laughing-lettersrofl: let's get real, isn't it just a matter of time? Honestly...

what statue? Show us zing if you dont mind!

i am glad that spidey finally gets to move into the mcu. considering as well that he was a great part of the avengers, its critical that he gets his 'foot' in the door. :happy-smileygiantred:

not a big spidey fan, but the last two was pretty decent for my standards. (again, not a big spidey fan, so my bar is set pretty low. )

whats wrong with andrew garfield? was he worse than er... forgot the original one...

jomari said:
i am glad that spidey finally gets to move into the mcu. considering as well that he was a great part of the avengers, its critical that he gets his 'foot' in the door.

What? He turned down joining the Avengers until well after their hayday. Even then his time was short and ultimately led to the Civil War crisis.

Goes to show how much of a Spidey fan i am.

Hehehe.

The DirtMerchant said:
Can they just make Secret Wars with the Beyonder already?

THIS. THIS would be awesome. Thanos was a great protagonist, but the Beyonder was way er... beyond his time. :happy-smileygiantred:

The DirtMerchant said:
Can they just make Secret Wars with the Beyonder already?

Best post ever.

And how about a Silver Surfer movie? FF2 sucked, so I would love to see his and Galactus' story done right.

Back