• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Leonid and Friends

Botch

MetaBotch Doggy Dogg Mellencamp
Superstar
Another band that deserves their own thread. They're branching out from just covering Chicago, here's a Blood Sweat & Tears tune that I have in my collection but don't exactly remember.

They are (iirc) a mix of Ukrainians and russians, and after checking their link I see they're touring the US now until 2024, thankful for that. AND, they're hitting Abravenel Hall in SLC!!! I haven't been to a live concert since what's-her-name and I broke up 14 years ago, but this one may be worth a solo jaunt. Whoop!

I think I had posted this first video of them doing "In The Stone" elsewhere, not really sure. This "mix" has them doing ITS plus "Fantasy" (I was introduced to EW&F my Jr yr of HS, and have been a rabid fan since). I haven't watched this "mix" after the first two songs, but noted the third was Level 42 so it's gotta be good!

From JrHigh to early college, my favorite band was Chicago (and I still bought their 37th album, last year?)
And my favorite tune was (I've been) Searchin' So Long; kinda their version of Hey Jude. A fantastic cover.

Totally unexpected. This popped up yesterday!

The Carpenters were all over my Jr High/High School years, and I really didn't give them much thought. It wasn't until later in my life that I realized how etherial Karen's vox were, and how good Richard's arrangements are. Superstar eventually became my favorite song of theirs, and the instrumental intro is one of the finest ever crafted. Leonid's "hot chick's" vocal here doesn't quite match Karen's, but they're very, very close. Wow!

Back