• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Just because its been awhile

Thanks, for the read Deacon. I never bought into the Audiophile Expensive Wire Cult, due to the old Stereo Review, and Julian Hirsch. That plus the outrageous claims, over blown prices, and lack of any scientific theory to back it up. It wasn't hard to see thru the marketing crap.

Remember Husker taking on a guys bet that lamp cord is inferior to hi end speaker wire ?

The old S&V days, a guy at another forum was betting $50,000 that he could prove lamp cord was inferior to some hi-dollar speaker wire. The bet was all over the audio world.
Husker publicly took on the bet. Long story short, Husher called his bluff.
Wished Husker would tell the story.

There was a audiophile store owner at S&V swearing the AC power cables he was selling made a huge difference and I offered to host a GTG at my home where we would put his claims to the test and I would publish measurement results and listening perception results to the forum. He kept telling us he would follow through and kept telling me he had shipped the cables he wanted to prove were superior and after about three months he quietly disappeared - well, he was harassed into quitting because every time he posted his nonsense I asked him where those cables were.

I did read a rant that someone claimed an "ionized shell" forms over the cables, connectors, and components that "realizes the true quality" of their AC power cables, but this "shell" takes weeks to eventually "link up", therefore a side-by-side comparison just can't show the "dramatic" difference.
How convenient!

I've always wanted to rent a booth next to a "high-end AC cable manufacturer" in a show, with my display being a framed wall, sheetrocked on one side with a standard AC outlet mounted, and a high-end cable plugged in on the theater side with a sign "High-End AC Cable, only $8,000!" and standard copper wiring on the other side, feeding the AC outlet, with a sign "Home Depot house wiring, only $0.15/foot!".
Hah! I can hardly wait for retirement! :D

Back