• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

It just doesn't quit

Botch

MetaBotch Doggy Dogg Mellencamp
Superstar
Earlier this year I tried to go straight OTA, but couldn't get reception even for the major networks, and broke down and got Dish service (TV only, no phone or 'netz bundle); I was kinda happy to get some cable channels back too. I don't go to CNN anymore as my major news source, but I liked watching Robin Meade in the morning before going to work.
Well, due to contract disputes, Dish has now dropped CNN and HLN. Crap. :angry-banghead:

I'd be willing to bet this is only temporary. These disputes are not uncommon and once Dish gets enough complaints and/or loses enough customers over it, it'll end quickly.

I can't think of a similar instance that never got resolved.

Zing said:
I can't think of a similar instance that never got resolved.

I can think of two. AT&T doesn't carry CSN Comcast Sports Net (broadcast home of the Rockets and the Astros) or the Hallmark Channel.

The largest part of your cable bill is programming fees charged by the channles. Increases in those fees will increase your bill.

When I had Dish seems they would be in some kind of dispute with some content provider every year. Must be part of their business model.

One year they were in a dispute with Fox but it got resolved before a cutoff. I am sure they didn't want to risk losing football games as that would have pissed too many customers off. I remember losing the lifetime channel and all those that are under that umbrella but it didn't bother me cause I never watch those channels anyway.

Deacon said:
.........I remember losing the lifetime channel and all those that are under that umbrella but it didn't bother me cause I never watch those channels anyway.

Yeah I remember that too. Unfortunately that worked out to where those channels were brought back and my bill went up +$3 month. :angry-cussingblack:

Like T7's post, it's all about the programming fees. Add the Cartoon Networks to the list of channels that's been dropped. Since all those are Turner related, I'll bet TCM and other channels are on the list too.

So I'm sure my bill will once again go up. :angry-banghead:

Told you to go with Directv oh and Robin Meade's breasts looked fantastic this morning.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 720
Turner/CNN is back on Dish, at least temporarily: http://money.cnn.com/2014/11/21/media/turner-dish-extension/index.html?hpt=hp_t2 (no appropriate smilie...)

Then at the end of the article I see this disappointing tidbit:

Separately, Dish remains in negotiations with another major programming provider, CBS Corp. (CBS)
Dish's deal to carry CBS was set to expire on Thursday, but the two sides agreed to a short-term extension, so no programming interruption has occurred.
After Turner's announcement on Friday, CBS said there was no update on its negotiations.

:|

Zing said:
That only took a month. :eusa-whistle:

Well, gimme a break. If I didn't whine I'd have no personality whatsoever. :eek:bscene-buttred: :happy-smileygiantred:

Botch said:
Turner/CNN is back on Dish, at least temporarily: http://money.cnn.com/2014/11/21/media/turner-dish-extension/index.html?hpt=hp_t2 (no appropriate smilie...)

Then at the end of the article I see this disappointing tidbit:

Separately, Dish remains in negotiations with another major programming provider, CBS Corp. (CBS)
Dish's deal to carry CBS was set to expire on Thursday, but the two sides agreed to a short-term extension, so no programming interruption has occurred.
After Turner's announcement on Friday, CBS said there was no update on its negotiations.

:|

My wife is going to be pissed if she loses even one episode of Survivor. She did call Dish to let them know that we would drop them if it happened.

Back