• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Incredible Covers...

The Original.

The Cover. I know which one I am voting for.

@mcad64, I think this is the "original" slow cover of the song and it's pretty amazing. For background, Jade, his sister, is standing off-stage and she auditioned earlier but didn't make it through.

Last edited:
Normally I would think covering/reinterpreting Pink Floyd to be fairly sacrilegious. But I dig this one. (Came up in my spotify feed this morning.)

I've had this CD for awhile, but I absolutely love this cover of Isn't it a Pity by Billy Preston.

Absolutely scorching cover of Neil Young's Cortez the Killer.
Grace Potter on vocals. Joe Satriani on guitar and an epic dude on the trumpet!!!

As much as I hate Satriani - his stupid posing adds nothing musically interesting - the rest of that group was awesome! And yeah the trumpeter!

Not sure how I came across this one.
Eddie Vedder and his side project The Earthlings covering The Cure. I love The Cure. I think I may have a man crush on Eddie Vedder? That's Chad Smith from RHCP on drums and Janes's Addiction bassist, Chris Chaney! Sound seems a bit muddy to me?!

I've been digging these guys lately. They originally came to fame when they were just kids doing a cover of Enter Sandman. Flash forward ten years and Metallica had them do a cover of it for their Blacklist album. They paired up with another vocalist for this one for some reason. Anyway, I really like these guys. Power trios are so rare these days.

Driving home I heard this on the radio and thought hmmmm...didn't know The Cure covered Platinum Blonde(Canadian).
Turns out it is some group called Crystal Castles(Canadian) featuring Robert Smith. No wonder they covered it.

31 Million views and 1836 comments and nobody knows that is is a cover.

The original, out in 1983.

Actually not a cover; JD wrote this song! I did not know that.

Back