• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Embarrassed But Really Excited

heeman

PRETTY HAPPY.........
Famous
I got my first Iphone this past December with my new job.

This was my first none flip phone EVER.

I have seen people for years with Ear Buds and never could understand the thrill? Maybe just the new generation? I have never used them. EVER.

I knew that somehow I could get music on my Iphone, however couldn't figure it out. And I will admit, never really spent the time trying, much. Because, what could be the thrill???????

At Bats GTG, Chris showed me how to install Amazon Music to my phone. On the flight home, I did the Iphone Earbud thing and HOLY CRAP!!! What have I been missing?

Those of you that know me on here know how much I love music.

Today I flew to California for the 13th time this year and I HAD MUSIC!!!! My God, this is fantastic!!!

Look, I mean Hear what I have been missing for years!!!!

I am hooked now and need a recommendation for some new Earbuds or whatever they are called so that I can get some better quality than the stock Iphone supplied Earbuds...........

Damnit Heeman.......................GET WITH THE PROGRAM ALREADY!!!

Thanks for your help Chris!!!

I am a fan of Ultimate Ears earbuds, especially when paired with the Comply foam tips. The isolation is superb, the comfort is phenomenal (though you may need to get used them) and the fit is secure as can be. No amount movement or sweat will loosen them.

I accidentally killed my dual driver $250 pair recently and replaced them with a single driver $40 pair. I'm both pleased and pissed off that my new pair sounds just as good as my old pair. You also have the option of getting the model of your choice with an in-line mic so you won't have to unplug them to make or take a phone call.

I use JayBird Sport X2 Bluetooth IEMs and absolutely love them. They sound great, have huge battery life and it is wonderful to not deal with a cord while working out or commuting, They sound at least as good as my Westone UM-1s and I think a bit better.

Thanks guys. Any suggestions, from anyone, on a similarly-priced pair, with mic, that will work with an Android smartphone?

Incidentally, my Delta flight back home on Sunday featured $2 earbuds, many different movie selections on the monitor in the seat back in front of you, along with a USB jack, and after takeoff a "Wifi" light came on next to the "Fasten Seat Belt" light. Maybe this is common now (I don't fly much anymore) but first time I've seen it. Looked kinda Vegas-y, walking back to my seat from the restroom, to see a different movie/show in every seat. I just sat down and finished reading Jeff's book, with His Voice in my head. :mask:

Always refer to Zing, IMO, about earbuds. I have a pair of the Ultimate earbuds he referred to. A gift from him. I don't use them as often, but when I do...incredible. So worth the Cha-King!!!

I'm verry happy with my vsonic gr07 (though I have the original, not the "bass" edition).

I always recommend the Shure SE series IEMs. They have removable cables so you can buy a cable with a mic, two versions, one for Apple phones and one generic for all phones. That way if you switch from an Android phone to an iPhone, you can keep the IEMs and just a different cable with a mic. Also if you do something stupid and break the cable, you can replace it without buying new IEMs.

I always recommend the Shure SE series IEMs. They have removable cables so you can buy a cable with a mic, two versions, one for Apple phones and one generic for all phones. That way if you switch from an Android phone to an iPhone, you can keep the IEMs and just a different cable with a mic. Also if you do something stupid and break the cable, you can replace it without buying new IEMs.

That is HUGE, because it is almost always the cable that gets destroyed, not earpieces.

Flint, can you recommend a model in the $50 - $75 range?

Oh... that price range? No... the least costly Shures with replaceable cables is the SE215 which sells for $99 with a standard cable or $149 with the iPhone mic/cable. The mic-cable alone costs $49 or the Android/Universal version. So, you'd have to pay more to get all the features I bragged about.

Bluetooth headphones used to sound inherently bad, but the technology has improved a lot. I would not pit my X2s against Flint's high end Shures, but I would happily put them up against anything in the sub-$150 range. My corded set of many years is a pair of Weston UM-1 IEMs, which are comparable to the lower end Shure SEs and I don't think they have anything on my X2s.

I think part if it depends on your application as well. I'm listening to music while riding noisy trains, walking through a busy city, working out at the gym, mowing the lawn and other activities with a fair degree of ambient noise. I rarely sit with them in a quiet environment and just listen. This may be why I have not noticed the limitations with Bluetooth that I know exist. Not having to deal with a cord is a huge plus when commuting and working out, because I can put my phone wherever and I never get caught on stuff. The integrated mic is great for taking calls and the basic controls on the mic allow me to play/pause and skip tracks, as well as control volume. Again, this is very handy when you are walking through a city covered in rain gear. I get about 7 hours of battery life on a charge.

I am currently on business in CA and want something NOW!!!

I can't find the Logitech Ultimate Ears 500 at any retailers..................so I guess the Shure SE215's are it............will pick them up later at a local Guitar Center.

Thanks Everyone!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you are listening on long flights, like I do, don't go with wireless headphones. The battery never lasts long enough and when you are scrambling to charge your phone and laptop in the airport terminal the last thing you need is one more item to charge, and I don't know of any affordable Bluetooth headphones you can charge at the same time you are using them.

Did anyone ever make a set of headphones (not earpieces) that you could clip that postage-stamp-sized iPod Nano into directly, without any cord? Seemed like a good idea to me.

Got 'em!

The Sure SE215's sound fantastic. Now I am not dreading my flight home on Friday.

:listening::listening::listening:

Got 'em!

The Sure SE215's sound fantastic. Now I am not dreading my flight home on Friday.

:listening::listening::listening:
I'd be interested in additional listening comments Heeman.

A number of years ago I bought a pair of Sony IEMs for ~$100 - mostly to take the place of those really cheap ones that airlines were handing out. I found them to be merely ok for the job, but much preferred the sound of my cheap ($70) Denon headphones. Problem is that headphones are not allowed during take-off and landing, while IEMs are (for reasons that escape me.) Anyhow, it now means that I now tend to leave the headphones at home and take the Sony IEMs only. But as I say I'm only so-so on their sound quality - and not impressed at all with their low bass performance. If the Shure SE215s (I assume around ~$100) are significantly better, I'd consider picking up a pair.

For example, can you feel the bass on the Avril Lavigne and Tove Lo demo tracks - as one does with Denon headphones?

Jeff

Mr. Mackwood.....................

I am currently on a HONEYMOON, with the ability to just have tunes during my trip. My past 2 flights with this ability was with the standard Iphone Buds...............

I knew immediately that I needed a better solution for my flight home this Friday and my upcoming flights.

I could not find the $40 pair that Danny recommended locally but I could find the Shure SE215's at a local Guitar Center; $99.99. I tried them last night for a couple of tunes and was just blown away..............but like I said, I am on the honeymoon with this new ability. So basically my recommendations would be totally useless at this point in time. I will spend at least 5 hours with them on my flights home tomorrow, so stay tuned!!!

By the way....................if you didn't tell me that it was an IPA, me and PaulyT would have never guessed that it was an IPA, how this relates to the subject, I am not quite sure, however I think it does...................somehow!!

Back