• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Dredd

Only if you are a big Dredd fan. It's an ok movie but could have been better, IMO.

i liked the original dredd, this one is a great movie, but not up to my expectations so to speak.

Karl Urban did a great job on this, but certain aspects, the partner, the environment, did not fit for me.

Its also on netflix streaming, if you'd like to try it out first.

forgot to mention, there is one scene that is considered a ulf moment, the interrogation scene. my sub cant go that low so it didnt work for me, but otherwise, its also consistent with a scene i didnt care much for either. a bit graphic so to speak.

other than that, im biased towards rental as well.

at $8...that's a yes from me. Liked the movie. Wish it had done better as there is just a ridiculous amount of storylines to choose from in the original comic strip (that has been running since 1977). Would have loved to see a series of them instead of say...The Expendables.

I'd say rental too...but then you did spend $7 on Killers so then this one is DEFINITELY WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!! :teasing-tease:

Batman said:
I'd say rental too...but then you did spend $7 on Killers so then this one is DEFINITELY WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!! :teasing-tease:

:eek:bscene-birdiedoublered: and have a very Happy Thanksgiving...............

heeman said:
Batman said:

:eek:bscene-birdiedoublered: and have a very Happy Thanksgiving...............

:laughing:

I actually really liked this. Dredd is more like the comic then the Stallone version, which is a guilty pleasure film for me. Lol.

walls said:
I actually really liked this. Dredd is more like the comic then the Stallone version, which is a guilty pleasure film for me. Lol.

Completely agree with you. I debated about watching this on Amazon Prime and am glad I did. I'd watch a sequel if it was by the same director.

lakedmb said:
walls said:

Completely agree with you. I debated about watching this on Amazon Prime and am glad I did. I'd watch a sequel if it was by the same director.

hehehe, both are actually guilty pleasures for me. i love seeing both of them. dredd (stallone) was the first thx movie i watched in a theater. Ever since started my ht journey.

walls said:
+1. If you liked Dredd check out LockOut.

likewise, this one was great too. If you can get over the chick is from taken, its a great scifi movie.

Back