• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Destiny

FredtheFilmFan

So, Destiny came with the PS4. The game play is fun and familiar. The story seems to move the action along. The graphics and sound are fantastic. (Side note, playing a some-what scary first person shooter on a 92in screen and full surround is a little bit freaky).

My "You know what really grinds my gears" about the game, you need to sign up for a pay-to-play Sony game account to play the online multi-player. I think that this is bad. I've paid for the game I shouldn't have to pay extra to play the game. If the online multi-player were an add on that you paid for separately I simply wouldn't have bought it and been happy to not play that part of it. I feel like they're grinding me for extra cash just to play a game I've already paid for. I think of it like buying a movie, but then you need to pay the studio an extra $10 when you're watching it to see the last 20 minutes.

i recently finished it, and aside from certain gripes and qualms, i pretty much enjoyed it. did i grind it to hit level cap? not really, not anymore. i kinda got tired of it.

but, i liked it a lot. great game.

i am also a bit hesitant as well to pay to go online with the ps4, thats why im also still stuck in the ps3 world. i like the free mp stuff, simply because i havent been playing mp as much as i used to. the xbox 360 also has this option as well. the dynamics work well enough for most 360 gamers to still pay up front to go online. so it tells me that its well worth it.

anyways, glad you are enjoying it.

sidenote:

The 'ghost' in the game is a famliar face, one you wouldnt think of.

And no, liam neeson is not a voice character in this game. ;)

I recognize the Ghost voice, he sounds short...

It sounds like Zoe from Firefly did some voice acting on this too. As well, there's another voice, from an actor that's been in a ton of Star Trek TV. He was one of the Founders minions. Damn I can't remember his name! It's been a while since I've watched DS9. It's on US Netflix but not in Canada yet.

There's some other content I see that I need this Sony Pay account for, that really bugs me. I've already paid for the game I shouldn't have to pay for extras that are quasi-included. What bugs me is there are elements integrated in to the game play that you can't access. It's frustrating trying to figure out which bounties I should or shouldn't take depending on which ones require me to pay extra real money to access.

FredtheFilmFan said:
I recognize the Ghost voice, he sounds short...

It sounds like Zoe from Firefly did some voice acting on this too. As well, there's another voice, from an actor that's been in a ton of Star Trek TV. He was one of the Founders minions. Damn I can't remember his name! It's been a while since I've watched DS9. It's on US Netflix but not in Canada yet.

There's some other content I see that I need this Sony Pay account for, that really bugs me. I've already paid for the game I shouldn't have to pay for extras that are quasi-included. What bugs me is there are elements integrated in to the game play that you can't access. It's frustrating trying to figure out which bounties I should or shouldn't take depending on which ones require me to pay extra real money to access.

Wow...this game has some notable names in the voice cast:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2983582/?ref_=nv_sr_1

hehehe, i didnt want to give it away, but the complete list should show the notables.

Bump:

I quit COD cold turkey after many years of late night glory and leader board accomplishments after unfortunately and inevitably feeling overwhelmed with mounting frustration over rampant hacking/cheating and unrelenting open racism from idiots in party chat. I have been playing Destiny (mostly PVE and some PVP) since it's release and my blood pressure is way down and for the first time in a long time I just really enjoy playing the game. There is repetitive grinding for sure and some connection issues early on. But for the most part my gamer friends and I can get online together and enjoy ourselves without all the headaches. The graphics are amazing on my 60" plasma and the in game 5.1 is top notch. So much attention to detail in the audio effects... when you fly your little sparrow personal rocket scooter over water vs. over land there is a sizzling sound as the rocket exhaust singes the surface of the water and creates a little steam wake. Little things like this make the game very entertaining and satisfying the play. And there is just a ton of evidence pointing towards ample unlock-able content (hopefully) coming our way as Bungee continues to release updates and (again hopefully) supports this platform for as long as the claim they will. And for any Destiny players here at The Annex I submit to you my premiere guardian character load out created in honor of long time forum member Matt B. This one's for you Matt.

original.jpg

:banana-dance: :banana-rock: :banana-dance: :banana-rock:

Monkey

hahaha!

I actually liked destiny, it was a great game and while short lived, I enjoyed the single player experience. the multiplayer, I wish you could make your own team etc, like a good squad and not a random PVE group. the PVP or multiplayer against each other, I kinda got sacked on that one, didn't invest that much time on it.

I kinda miss playing older MP games. I wish I could play COD Modern Warfare again, that had some great maps, and of course BFBC2 for the world!

monkey, what are you playing on by the way? PC? PS4? Xone?

lemme know so i can add you on my friend list. :happy-smileygiantred:

Back