• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Chronos

Botch

MetaBotch Doggy Dogg Mellencamp
Superstar
51ujB27ZY6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This bluray kept showing up on my Amazon "Recommended" sidebar, I read a couple reviews, and decided to give it a try.

Wow.

This doc is kind've a cross between the BBC's Planet Earth, Phillip Glass' Koyaanisqatski, and a soundtrack by Pink Floyd/Tangerine Dream. It is just a montage of panning and time exposures of incredibly beautiful areas and objects, including redrock areas of SW United States, Egypt, Rome, forests, Paris, China, helicopter tours of NYC, gondola tours of Venezia, Grand Canyon, and the interiors of many cathedrals/mosques/art museums, sometimes focusing on just one piece of art as the natural sunlight from above moves across the sky. There are several stunning locations/architectures that I can't identify, including a very bizarre cathedral on top of an isolated rock outcropping, with a time exposure of either a tide or a rising river completely surrounding it.
The soundtrack is perhaps the best soundtrack for a film I've ever heard; beautiful correlation with the film images, outstanding fidelity and recording, just incredible!
The only nit I'd have with the disk is a slight "jitteryness" with some of the time-lapse; I can understand the lighting flickering with the changing clouds, but sometimes it looks like the panned image shakes a bit too; had I not already seen Planet Earth and Baraka I would have never noticed.

This may have become my new go-to HT demo disk. Very Highly Recommended!!! :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Back