• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Cheap Bluetooth 2 channel amp

TKoP

I've got a speaker kit i'm finally going to get around to building sometime soon. My initial thought is to bring them in for my office - partly as a talking point, but also to be able to listen to some music while I’m working. The best place for me to put it is on a file cabinet facing my desk. To drive them, I was thinking of getting some cheapie Bluetooth digital amp. I’d use my phone’s Bluetooth and steam the music from that. I’m not really looking to spend a ton – as long as it’s not crap I think I’d be fine with this one. Anyone have experience with any of these devices? For example, i found this on Amazon. And a used one like this. What are your thoughts?

If this were my situation, I would purchase a standalone Bluetooth receiver and connect it to a separate audio system. I may be looking for one to connect to my living room component system in the future.

If this were my situation, I would purchase a standalone Bluetooth receiver and connect it to a separate audio system. I may be looking for one to connect to my living room component system in the future.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean -- are you talking about a "regular" receiver that has bluetooth connections? Space is an issue here -- that still might not be a bad option, but space could be an issue. The speakers that I'm looking to build are probably pushing what I can do... but still worth considering.

Thanks.

I keep buying the cheap Dayton Audio digital stereo amps because they are amazing! Get the 100w model with the bluetooth receiver built in.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean -- are you talking about a "regular" receiver that has bluetooth connections? Space is an issue here -- that still might not be a bad option, but space could be an issue. The speakers that I'm looking to build are probably pushing what I can do... but still worth considering.

Thanks.
You can get Bluetooth receivers that are about the size of a wifi router with line outputs. I have seen a few like that on Amazon.

I use a Logitech Bluetooth adapter in the back room. It measures 2x2 and 1" tall. I got it on Amazon for $20

blutooth.jpg

Ah
I keep buying the cheap Dayton Audio digital stereo amps because they are amazing! Get the 100w model with the bluetooth receiver built in.

I did look at those. I might go that route, but i was hoping to be more of an accountant (i.e., cheap)

You can get Bluetooth receivers that are about the size of a wifi router with line outputs. I have seen a few like that on Amazon.

I linked to one up at the top -- it's what i was kind of thinking as well. Just didn't know if there were any that someone bought that were in the <$50 range.

I use a Logitech Bluetooth adapter in the back room. It measures 2x2 and 1" tall. I got it on Amazon for $20

View attachment 10247

I need power -- i have an old denon receiver that I could bring in and buy one of those. That might be an option if I really wanted to keep it on the cheap.

I did look at those. I might go that route, but i was hoping to be more of an accountant (i.e., cheap)

There are cheaper ones out there, for sure. Here's what you should look for:

Full frequency spectrum (at least 20-20,000 Hz)
An increase of at least 10% in power output between 8 ohms and 4 ohms (most are only rates for 4 ohms at 10% THD, which is a BS measurement)
A power supply which matches the power rating (most use external power supplies, so if the supply cannot do 200 W, then the amp will never produce 100W x 2).
Low noise (SNR + Noise of at least -96dB, preferably more).

The cheap models can work fine for low levels and with speakers that have no bass output below 50Hz, but why not dole out for an amp that can do the full spectrum and full rated power? Especially when the amp is still only $75?

For instance, I've bought 4 to 5 of these 60W BT amps for myself and my speaker customers over the past two years:

They are very well made, sound great, and work perfectly. The only real drawback is the lack of a volume control if you are not using the BlueTooth input.

Did you choose an amp?

Not yet... i haven't started the build on the new speakers yet (procrastination, dread and having to find all the "stuff" i'm going to have to find in my garage). I figured it'd make sense to wait until I actually get to the job itself before I pull the trigger.

That being said, i'll probably follow your advice and get the Dayton.

Just saw this -- Woot
DN-200AZB_Hero_Web_RGB.jpg

I just got smsl da 9. Maybe you can go same way. Reviews are nice. I could say they are correct. Goes well with my bookshelf klipsch.

I’ve been using this one out on our pool deck for three summers now, tons of good power, great range and remote. Bass and treble controls work as they should but the eq presets are pretty much garbage so I don’t use those.

I should also add that the environment out there can be fairly extreme and the amp has performed flawlessly and it’s build quality seems really good.

Back