• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Cardboard Sleeves - Keep or Toss?

mzpro5

Famous
I usually toss em unless there is something unique about the cardboard sleeve. I have a couple with holographic type covers I have kept.

You guys?

For no good reason I keep em. I also keep all the leaflets inside. Space isn't an issue for me at the moment so I'd just assume to keep everything as original as possible. If I runout of space I'll get DiscSox and ditch the cases entirely.

I usually keep them, but curse them every time I go to watch the movie.

Keep.

They're part of the original packaging and they're really no more of a pain to remove than opening the case. So when the day comes to sell the disc, it'll fetch more money being in the original package.

Zing said:
Keep.

They're part of the original packaging and they're really no more of a pain to remove than opening the case. So when the day comes to sell the disc, it'll fetch more money being in the original package.

Do you sell many discs? With the price of most Blurays these days, I wouldn't have thought there was a big market for that. Slipping mine on and off, usually the clear plastic covering of the disc case catches on the cardboard, making it tough some times.

I haven't sold ANY BDs but I sell my DVDs as I purchase them on BD. With my old DVD collection, I used to discard everything but the disc and the front cover and store them in a binder. As I started to sell them, I bought a case of slim cases to put the discs and covers in. People wouldn't pay even $2 for them. I found I needed to sell them in groups of 10 for $5. Granted, DVD is virtually an atiquated technology but I gotta believe if they were in their original packaging, I could get closer to $2/each.

My local video rental place, a Family Video franchise, is collecting movies to send to the troops overseas. I have taken in about 25 DVDs so far. I'd much prefer to do that.

My local used media store will only pay on average of $3-4 if they are considered popular and some they will only pay $0.50 to a buck and I don't want to deal with the hassle.

^ Yeah, really. I don't see any reason to keep them. :roll:

coffee-paper-cup_300.jpg

Back