• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

BLADE RUNNER!!!!

Me too, it's one of those movies I've probably seen in its entirety over the course of 30 sittings and have never sat down with the intention of watching it from beginning to end.

Bladerunner has always been my favorite of all the big budget SciFi movies. It was a flop originally, but many blame the studio forcing the producers to add the voiceover narration and edit it to be a little less dark. But true SciFi fans recognized the potential in the story-telling, plot, and many open-ended and unanswered questions which the viewer had to speculate to understand. After the fan and critical press reached a peak, the Director's Cut came out with the original vision restored and it was amazing. I may have watched that version several dozen times. It is dark, brooding, confusing, and filled with heavy moments of silence. Later editions improved the depth of detail in the darkness and cleaned up the droning soundtrack and score, and it just got better. Truly a masterpiece and decades ahead of its time. I love it and often dream of that world.

This is why I have so much fear they are ruining it in the new sequel - especially casting that clown-faced Ryan Gosling. I have never liked him.

This is why I have so much fear they are ruining it in the new sequel - especially casting that clown-faced Ryan Gosling. I have never liked him.
First Neil Peart, and now Ryan Gosling? Which incredibly-more-talented-than-any-Yank Canadian will you stoop to denigrate next?

Captain Canada

Next you'll be saying you don't like Drake, The Weeknd, Shawn Mendes or ...gasp..The Bieb!!!
Back to the thread topic. I find the more I watch Harrison Ford (maybe it's his age) I find his acting stilted and one dimensional...much like Ryan Gosling.

Next you'll be saying you don't like Drake, The Weeknd, Shawn Mendes or ...gasp..The Bieb!!!
Back to the thread topic. I find the more I watch Harrison Ford (maybe it's his age) I find his acting stilted and one dimensional...much like Ryan Gosling.
I knew I didn't like Shawn Mendes for a reason.
My kids keep asking me why I don't like him...now I have an answer

Gen and I are planning to watch a Blu-ray copy of Blade Runner - The Final Cut version tonight, in preparation for next month's release.

I saw the original theatrical version way back when, and own a LD copy of The Director's Cut. My understanding is that The Final Cut is really Scott's preferred version.

By the by, I consider Blade Runner to be one of the best neo-noir to date (as those who have attended Film Noir Fridays may have already known!)

Jeff

ps. It must really depressing to all those Canadianaphobics that not only is the lead actor in Blade Runner 2049 a Canuck, but so too is its most-incredible director.

:nyah:

Some of my trusted critics are calling the new Blade Runner movie the best sci-fi of this era. I cannot wait!!!

Blargh. The Blu-Ray w/ the various cuts on it (has the unicorn on the cover) is out of stock.
I ordered it a couple weeks ago assuming Amazon would just get it in stock soon and send it...
but I just got an extension email basically saying it's not in and they don't know when it will be
but if it hits 11/1 and there's nothing, they'll cancel my order.

I checked Wal-Mart and they're out of stock and Target doesn't even have it...

Looks like I'll have to settle for one of the other versions...

I really want to watch the original before seeing the sequel...

Back