• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Beth Hart

Listening to 37 days right now on Grooveshark..........

Just got to Soul Shine, immediately knew it was on one of the ALLMAN Brothers Albums.....

Great Job on this one Beth!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Soulshine" is a song recorded by The Allman Brothers Band and released on their 1994 album Where It All Begins. It was written by guitarist Warren Haynes with vocals by Gregg Allman. The song's title originates from Hayne's nickname, given by his father. Although it was never released as a single, it still remains one of the Allmans' best known songs among fans and concert-goers.

When Haynes and bassist Allen Woody formed Gov't Mule, they took the song with them. Gov't Mule performs the song live at their concerts and it was included on the band's Live... With a Little Help from Our Friends, The Deep End, Volume 1, and The Deepest End, Live in Concert releases.

A live version of the song, which appeared on the Allmans' 2003 DVD Live At The Beacon Theatre, had Allman and Haynes alternating vocals on the verses and harmonizing on the chorus. This has been the standard for the song in most recent years with the dual vocals.

In 2007, vocalist Beth Hart released the album 37 Days, which included a cover of this song.

"Soulshine" was originally recorded and released by bluesman Larry McCray on the 1993 album "Delta Hurricane," with permission from Warren Haynes.

:music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Oh YES!

Just got tickets to see Beth in Alexandria, VA (DC suburbs) in May! The tickets were so reasonable - $25 - that I couldn't resist. It's at a dinner theater type place, so it'll be sit down with food, should be interesting. But I assume that means it's not an enormous place.

Actually, I've decided to take my kids to this one, since it's so reasonable. They've been begging for a concert for a long time, every time we go to one. So it'll be a family night!

Yeah, she doesn't seem to tour in the US much at all. That's why I'm so excited she'll be near me! Plus wow... $25/ticket, that just doesn't happen anymore these days. FYI most bands at this venue (some very well known like Diana Krall whose tickets are $100+) are at least $45-$55.

Sounds like a great family outing to me Paul!

Don't forget to pack earplugs for the little ones - just in case.

Jeff

ps. I've been scouring used CD bins for months now looking for any by Beth Hart. I already had Don't Explain but so far I've only been able to add Screamin' For My Supper to the collection. A couple of weeks ago I was in St. Pete's and visited 4 or 5 pretty good shops (where I found Screamin') but that was it. I'll probably order whatever I can get from Amazon and pick them up when I'm down at Bats' GTG in June.

Bang Bang Boom Boom is officially released in the US on April 2, though you can get it on amazon as an import... I've had it for a while, it's a GREAT album. Just listened to it again today, I hope she does some of the material from this album when I see her, I assume she will.

I see Beth on Thursday and then Joe B on the following Tuesday... maybe I'll get seriously lucky and one will show up in a guest spot on the other! I can dream.

PaulyT said:
Bang Bang Boom Boom is officially released in the US on April 2.
:text-thankyoublue:

I see Beth on Thursday and then Joe B on the following Tuesday... maybe I'll get seriously lucky and one will show up in a guest spot on the other! I can stalk...
fix'd... :eusa-whistle:

PaulyT said:
Bang Bang Boom Boom is officially released in the US on April 2, though you can get it on amazon as an import... I've had it for a while, it's a GREAT album. Just listened to it again today, I hope she does some of the material from this album when I see her, I assume she will.

I see Beth on Thursday and then Joe B on the following Tuesday... maybe I'll get seriously lucky and one will show up in a guest spot on the other! I can dream.

That is awesome Pauly! Beth that is!!! She is incredible! I am a huge fan of her! I know the " Bang Bang Boom Boom" CD well! You are taking Eileen & the girls? If so, I wish you a wonderful time! If it is just you and friends, I wish you the same! Never-the-less, I don't know how Beth could ever sound bad! Such a strong & powerful voice! So much conviction!!!!

Enjoy!

See you all in June?????

Hey Babs! Yes, we're all going to Beth's show, the girls are very excited to get to go to a "real" concert! And they love her music too, especially BBBB.

And we'll all be DE too, for sure, the ladies at least for a time. See you then!

PaulyT said:
Hey Babs! Yes, we're all going to Beth's show, the girls are very excited to get to go to a "real" concert! And they love her music too, especially BBBB.

And we'll all be DE too, for sure, the ladies at least for a time. See you then!

So....how was it????

Awesome that you took the ladies! I will even listen to a BIT of Joe Bonamassa, blah, blah, blah.
Just because it is you Pauly!!! ; ) :dance:

Dunno yet... Beth's concert's not until May 9. I'll be sure to let you know! ;)

PaulyT said:
Dunno yet... Beth's concert's not until May 9. I'll be sure to let you know! ;)

Well...I guess I need to pay attention a bit better! Sorry! I went back & read when you were going, I thought it was this past Thursday???? Ooooppps! :think: A lot going on with me Pauly!
I will check back or you can check in then. Very excited for you! Sooo looking forward to June, I hope upon hope, all is well here! Long story! Taking it one day at a time!!!

Take care & hugs to all!!! Xoxo to Eileen & the girls!!!!

Preview of Beth and Joe's new album coming out in about a month...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQnZqBgJn_Q[/youtube]

Concert is tonight! We took the girls out of school early and we're leaving shortly to avoid traffic and be there early to get decent seats, hopefully. I've heard it's a small place with some not-so-great spots, we'll see. This'll be a fun adventure and the girls are really looking forward to it. Me too! :music-rockout:

PaulyT said:
I see Beth on Thursday and then Joe B on the following Tuesday... maybe I'll get seriously lucky and one will show up in a guest spot on the other!
You've got to be sporting more wood than a lumber mill.

BP+Beaver+11+18+12+A.jpg

PaulyT said:
Concert is tonight! We took the girls out of school early and we're leaving shortly to avoid traffic and be there early to get decent seats, hopefully. I've heard it's a small place with some not-so-great spots, we'll see. This'll be a fun adventure and the girls are really looking forward to it. Me too! :music-rockout:

Have a blast!!

Back