• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Adele 25

Razz

Did I miss a post on this one? Got it for Christmas.... WOW! She is fantastic.
Song one "Hello" gives me chills!!! no joke. Love this and love the recording too.
Highly recommended.
:eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Agreed.

Have listened to it several times.

"Hello" is getting pretty solid airplay on a few local radio stations - including the one that my local pool pipes in while I'm swimming. It played today while I was doing a kick set so I was able to listen to the whole thing!

Jeff

Pretty solid air play is an understatement. That song is everywhere. I can't be outside the house and not hear it.

I'm also suffering a bit from overexposure to "Hello." Adele is an incredible talent though and we did pick up 25 just before Christmas. I have to find time to give the whole thing a spin. My personal favorite of hers is Hometown Glory off of 19. She opens her Royal Albert Hall performance with it and it's pretty amazing.

If I hear Hello one more time I will take cork screws to both of my ears!!! I love 19 and 21!! I am somewhat reluctant to pick up 25 simply because of Hello!!

I too got 25 for Christmas. She is an incredible talent and young. Her career should go on for decades.

I've also had it for a while.

Her voice and this production is really outstanding. A few of the tracks have some nice low end going on.

Did any of you watch her 1 hour special on NBC?

:bow-blue: :bow-blue:

She was on SNL just before Thanksgiving. They had a skit that is hilarious.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2zyjbH9zzA[/youtube]

^ That's some funny stuff there.

I have been following Adele for a few years. Zing added 25 to our collection in Novemeber and I listened to it once over the Thanksgiving holiday. I need give it some listening time.

I can't imagine there won't be a few that reach deep to me. IMO,if she tops "Set Fire to the Rain", Someone Like You" and Take It All", all from Adele 21, I may have some new favorites.

"Set Fire to the Rain" is my favorite Adele track so far. Good call Babs.

A bit :text-offtopic:, but it involves Adele. If you don't have this...

51j3bxvpkaL._SY300_.jpg

You should give it a whirl. "Take It All" brings me to tears every time. "Set Fire to the Rain" is also part of this venue.

So I found "Hello" particularly good in the fact that it really brought me into the song AND I think it's an excellent recording. How do the rest of you feel about the recording quality. Am I being tricked into thinking it's a top notch recording because of the dynamics of the song?

I put this song in the other day when I was showing off my system to a friend unfamiliar with "good speakers" and not only did it floor him it floored me! :scared-eek:

It is typical Adele, which means it's a very clean, clear recording. I too think it sounds awesome. But it's not without the dreadful compression and you can tell she didn't want to be a "victim" in the loudness war.

We demoed a few tracks from "25" for our friends last night and they were just speechless.....

I like the album but I am so utterly sick of "Hello" that I don't want to hear it ever again.

My second listen to Adele 25. I am really enjoying a few, but I can honestly say, I liked 21 better. She seemed to have more passion in her voice with all of the tracks on that album. I am not getting that vibe with 25, just my opinion, I will always luv Adele and her musical/vocal ability, which is incredible!

Back