• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

images

Watching Barry on Crave in Canada. Just finished Season 1. Making me uncomfortable. Reminds me of Breaking Bad in that the bad decisions are compounding making a bad situation even worse. I like it !!

which reminds me,

with a few snippets ive seen of breaking bad, i saw the bad guys die etc.

can i watch better call saul without stepping into the whole 100 seasons of breaking bad?

can i watch better call saul without stepping into the whole 100 seasons of breaking bad?
Yes, it's a prequel and while there are some references to BB, it's not a critical part of the plot.

which reminds me,

with a few snippets ive seen of breaking bad, i saw the bad guys die etc.

You NEED to watch Breaking Bad. Not for Better Call Saul, but because it is one of the best shows ever.

Watch Breaking Bad, you will not regret it.

watched percy jackson on disney plus, definitely worth it for well what its worth.

the ending was good, and put a cap so to speak on the series. will there be a season 2? maybe, but im happy with the way it ended.

going to start on alexander and griselda on netflix. i didnt care much for narcos or narcos mexico, but with sofia vergara on this one, i might jump on her. it. on the series.

Season two of Slow Horses on Apple TV+ is not nearly as good as season one.

Finished season four of True Detective with Jodi Foster. Liked it much better than previous season three… it was mercifully shorter and while still a somewhat slow burn… far more compelling IMO and moved along at a much more tolerable pace. When it ended I was then compelled to rewatch Wind River (similar snowy weather setting murder mystery) with Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen which was outstanding. May also rewatch Hold The Dark with Jeffrey Wright and Alexander Skarsgard (again similar setting). Kinda forgot all about True Detective after Wind River viewing but season four is probably worth the watch if you are a fan of the series.

Spinoff of the movie The Gentlemen - Netflix
Guy Ritchie brings the story to Netflix. Absolutely loved this series and hope it continues. A little far fetched, but what isn't these days?

If you enjoyed Snatch, or Lock, Stock, Two Smoking Barrels you'll want to give this a shot.

View attachment 12502
Good to see you Dog!! I forgot to reply to this thread. I watched it and I LOVED it . I like Guy Ritchie!!

Tonight, I watched the last episode of Northern Exposure, before my amazoid prime ran out. Can't say I "binge-watched" it, more like two or three episodes per night.
This show impacted me, a bit. I've spent a lot of my life in northern, isolated towns (Grand Forks, Bemidji MN, Waterton CA, White SD, and north NM pueblo towns where we gigged) and I could really relate to NE a lot.
Not a lot of lightsabers, knives, machine guns or other destruction, but the portrayal of isolated life really hit me; I really enjoyed this series.

Last night watched a pretty much forgettable movie on Netflix :

MV5BNTQ0MDc0NTQ1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDY2NjU3MDE@._V1_.jpg

As I said, pretty much forgettable. Except I went to Youtube and watched the actual race. Quite incredible!! Mine That Bird is Number 9. Comes from behind.....way behind!!

As usual late to the party but have been enjoying The Alienist on HBO Max. Feels like what Se7en and/or Silence of The Lambs might look like if they were set in the late 1800's. Development and use of some (very) early forensic and profiling concepts are also cool to see unfold. Stylish cinematography, pretty solid performances from equally solid cast... Daniel Brühl, Luke Evans, Dakota Fanning, Ted Levine (that Ted Levine), Sean Young, Michael Ironside among others.

Last edited:
Back