• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Vinyl

walls

Gonna add vinyl to my 2 channel music only system. Speakers are Cornwall iv’s and the amp is a Marantz 2022b.
I am considering a Fluance RT-81 as my turn table but am unsure. Been YEARS since I pulled out my old records but now feel it’s time.
What’s everyone’s thoughts on turntables around the $250-500 mark?

I haven't kept up ther than rega and the brands that you hear alot about.

I have a Bang & Olefsun Beogram that hasn't been hooked up in years.

My Yamaha is still pulling strong (never unhooked it), Shure V15 Type 5 that got a new needle right about the time CDs came on the scene. Haven't followed the new ones at all.

My son in law has some meetings today so I have my grandson all day so I won’t be able to even take it out of the box.

Ok so tomorrow is hopefully gonna be unboxing day and first listen, I’m thinking either Back in Black, Reign in Blood, Doors greatest or Sticky Fingers. All original pressings from my old collection.

Walls, you are a lot more patient than I could be.
Have a lot going on, new granddaughter less than a month ago so I’ve had her brother almost every day. On top of that my wife was recently diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis and that has been life altering because now 99% of our household chores are on me.
Marybe tomorrow I’ll finally get to open the box but right now I’ve got my hands full. Literally. Lol

Attachments

• C7603F7E-27A7-492A-9F18-2F47E4269892.jpeg
    C7603F7E-27A7-492A-9F18-2F47E4269892.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 9
Sorry for the troubles, my friend. But cool, from that pic I guess there are some good perks to getting older! :laughing: (I mean that in the best way...)

Well the new grandbaby should make everything better.
Congrats brother.
Thanks, grandkids are great, can’t complain about them at all. My daughter and her husband are both pharmacists so their schedules are pretty crappy so I have the grandkids more often than not.

Sorry to hear about your wife's diagnosis. From the photo , that looks like a nice way to have your hands full!!

Back