• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

TV repair?

This is the upper-left corner; the vertical bezel is about 20% thinner than the horizontal!
I had to take a closer look, and the metal bezels themselves are perfect; the inner black border is the picture itself, not the hardware. I don't know if the OLED screen is crooked within the Sony case, or the PBS broadcast is sent out crooked (I'm guessing the former). Not a biggie, but I kinda found it interesting...
Wow. PBS News ended, and the next show is something about tennis shoes, and both corners are perfect; its PBS' broadcast, not my TV! I did not expect that.

Wow. PBS News ended, and the next show is something about tennis shoes, and both corners are perfect; its PBS' broadcast, not my TV! I did not expect that.
Liberal muppets do that. Just kidding. Interesting that the broadcast did that

Well.
Color me stupid.

I'm mostly happy with the built-in streamer (runs Googlez TV) and getting my content from Ewetube streaming service, but the "cloud DVR" function is always wonky, sometimes it would come up, most of the time it wouldn't.
I finally saw it tonight: I have two EweTube apps, one is just called "EweTube" and the other, "EweTube TV"! d'Oh!! When I clicked on the latter, the DVR/library function comes right up, that's what was giving me the hangup! I had been looking for any "pre-Black-Friday" sales on an Apple TV unit these last two days, but last-gen and refurbished units were going for MORE than a brand-new, current one on Apple's website. Glad I didn't purchase anything, looks like what is built-in to my Bravia will now work just fine. Uff-dah.
:rolleyes:

Well.
Color me stupid.

I'm mostly happy with the built-in streamer (runs Googlez TV) and getting my content from Ewetube streaming service, but the "cloud DVR" function is always wonky, sometimes it would come up, most of the time it wouldn't.
I finally saw it tonight: I have two EweTube apps, one is just called "EweTube" and the other, "EweTube TV"! d'Oh!! When I clicked on the latter, the DVR/library function comes right up, that's what was giving me the hangup! I had been looking for any "pre-Black-Friday" sales on an Apple TV unit these last two days, but last-gen and refurbished units were going for MORE than a brand-new, current one on Apple's website. Glad I didn't purchase anything, looks like what is built-in to my Bravia will now work just fine. Uff-dah.
:rolleyes:
.....aaaand I spoke too soon (except for the stupid part). Google TV gives me my YoutubeTV interface/channels, but every time I hit the "Home" button on the Sony remote, it called up the Google home page, not the YTTV home page (where the DVR is), but it did go there the first time. There's gotta be a way to get to the YTTV Home via Google TV, but after two weeks of futzing with it, I'm throwing in the towel and ordered one of these:

appleTV.jpeg

I'll reset the entire Sony TV and set it to be a dumb TV, then stream everything thru the AppleTV (and YTTV does work thru the ATV, I verified it on several websites). I'll post once more when completed/successful (if not successful you prolly won't hear from me again). Uff-dah. :gross:

Installed. Two hours in and I'm impressed. It pretty much set itself up with my iCloud settings, did have to download the YouTubeTV app, but its running fine and I'm figuring out the navigation. I swear the picture is also much better than what I was getting thru GoogleTV, looks like I'm getting HDR now. Anxious to see how the football games look this weekend.
Also got on Apple's website to sign up for 3 mos free AppleTV (since I just bought a device), and I didn't have to check or sign anything, it just opened up on my 'puter, and on the TV now too (watched the first episode of Ted Lasso).
Today is a good day.

Back