• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Tiny Favour to Ask

• Thread starter Deleted member 133
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 133

In the next little while my book will be promoted in a catalogue that gets sent by the printer / distributor to pretty much every library in the US. I'm a huge believer in / supporter of public libraries as fundamental elements of any civilization. I'd like my book to be as widely read as possible and libraries are a great way of making it happen.

Anyhow, here's a tiny favour to ask.

Almost every library offers its members the online means to suggest titles to purchase. My experience with my own local library system is that they take such suggestions seriously and follow through with real purchases in about 80% of the cases.

If any of you are members of your local library (which usually means you have a library card) I'd ask you to please submit my book as a suggested title for purchase.

The usual required information is as follows:

Book Title: Most of These Stories Are Somewhat True
Author: Jeff Mackwood
Year of Publication: 2016
ISBN: 978-0994931009

Much thanks.

Jeff

I'll do you the favor, but not sure if we Americunz are allowed to do "favours". :laughing:

I called my library to request they stock the book, and they said they would be more than happy to do it, but they could only buy 80% of the book due to the exchange rate. :flags-canada:

Huey said:
I called my library to request they stock the book, and they said they would be more than happy to do it, but they could only buy 80% of the book due to the exchange rate. :flags-canada:
Good one!

:eusa-clap:

Jeff

Subject: Baltimore County Public Library - Response to Your Request
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 13:18:21 +0000
From: Collection Development Response <cdresponse@bcpl.net>
To: eileen@...

Thank you for your suggestion. The title you requested has been selected for purchase. This title should be listed in the catalog within the next two weeks.

Subject: Customer-submitted Suggestion for Purchase

Date submitted: Monday - May 2, 2016 - 1:07 pm

Suggestion for Purchase:

Your Name: Eileen Thiessen

Your Email Address: eileen@...

Suggested Title: Most of These Stories Are Somewhat True

Author / Performer: Jeff Mackwood

Publication Year: 2016

PaulyT said:
Subject: Baltimore County Public Library - Response to Your Request
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 13:18:21 +0000
From: Collection Development Response <cdresponse@bcpl.net>
To: eileen@...

Thank you for your suggestion. The title you requested has been selected for purchase. This title should be listed in the catalog within the next two weeks.

Subject: Customer-submitted Suggestion for Purchase

Date submitted: Monday - May 2, 2016 - 1:07 pm

Suggestion for Purchase:

Your Name: Eileen Thiessen

Your Email Address: eileen@...

Suggested Title: Most of These Stories Are Somewhat True

Author / Performer: Jeff Mackwood

Publication Year: 2016

Attaboy!

Err...

Attagirl!