• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Last of Us

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
HBO series based on the ps3 game released in 2003.

been playing this game almost several times, at least a dozen.

episode 3 dropped and id have to say its one of the best storylines i have yet to see in a while.

please take time and invest in the series.

you do not need to see the game you do not need to know the full details of the story. let the rivers flow the way the television show is letting you.

episode 3 dropped and id have to say its one of the best storylines i have yet to see in a while
Agreed was just discussing this elsewhere... episode three caught me totally off guard. Was enjoying the series already but this was next level storytelling IMO and almost a complete departure or pause from the larger storyline. Like a cinematic event transcending yet still within the context of the greater story. One of the most powerful on screen moments IMO since the brilliant rooftop scene in Giri Haji we have discussed before. Similar sort of WTF jaw dropping effect IMO. Nick Offerman should win some kind of award for what he did here.

Haven't had a chance to see the third episode, but so far the series is pretty good. Mind Hunter fans should recognize the lady that's with Pedro as the lady from the other show. Will probably watch the third episode tonight.

Watched the third episode last night, and agree, very powerful and touching episode. People will win Emmy's for that episode. It would have been funny if Nick's character had been vegan though. ;)

That being said, I'm kind of surprised at the episode as well. Like I said, I don't know the game at all, but believe they were part of the game from what I've read. I don't want to give anything away, but with these short seasons we get, I'm kind of surprised so much time was spent on this arc of the story. Again, great episode, I was just surprised at how removed, mostly, it was from the main story line. Not a complaint though, and will continue to look forward to new episodes.

Agreed was just discussing this elsewhere... episode three caught me totally off guard. Was enjoying the series already but this was next level storytelling IMO and almost a complete departure or pause from the larger storyline. Like a cinematic event transcending yet still within the context of the greater story. One of the most powerful on screen moments IMO since the brilliant rooftop scene in Giri Haji we have discussed before. Similar sort of WTF jaw dropping effect IMO. Nick Offerman should win some kind of award for what he did here.
oh yeah, most definitely. its up there, i mean REALLY up there with Giri Haji... funny thing is, both of these episodes didnt have any special effects or CGI or what not to empower the episode, just pure old storytelling and humanity.

Watched the third episode last night, and agree, very powerful and touching episode. People will win Emmy's for that episode. It would have been funny if Nick's character had been vegan though. ;)

That being said, I'm kind of surprised at the episode as well. Like I said, I don't know the game at all, but believe they were part of the game from what I've read. I don't want to give anything away, but with these short seasons we get, I'm kind of surprised so much time was spent on this arc of the story. Again, great episode, I was just surprised at how removed, mostly, it was from the main story line. Not a complaint though, and will continue to look forward to new episodes.
in a nutshell, not as much. it wasnt an arch in the story, it was a startling part of the timeframe. no big side quest, just a cutscene or two.... but man, they did justice to this cutscene. almost rogue one kinda justice.

Tess is from Fringe. Sadly, Game Tess version passed away recently. she was also the borg lady in TNG movie.

oh yeah, most definitely. its up there, i mean REALLY up there with Giri Haji... funny thing is, both of these episodes didnt have any special effects or CGI or what not to empower the episode, just pure old storytelling and humanity.

in a nutshell, not as much. it wasnt an arch in the story, it was a startling part of the timeframe. no big side quest, just a cutscene or two.... but man, they did justice to this cutscene. almost rogue one kinda justice.

Tess is from Fringe. Sadly, Game Tess version passed away recently. she was also the borg lady in TNG movie.
Yeah, if you do a search about why they did that episode that way, and I'm not sure that was the right thing to do. I'm not gonna say any more because 1, I don't want to give anything away, and 2, I don't want anybody to think I hated the episode, because I didn't. I think it was very well done episode, but it was out of place for the series, or at least for pretty much the whole episode to be about it.

I don't remember her from TNG, but she was the Borg queen on the most recent episode of Picard, plus some other stuff I haven't seen of hers.

my boss actually had an adverse opinion on the episode,
1. she said it was a directors power trip
2. she didnt like the way they did the story

i voiced out my opinion afterwards, and mentioned that they only had it as a cutscene in the game. other than that, i just respected her thoughts on it.

just like a lot of things, we can have a conversation about things, discuss about stuff, and argue for the sake of learning, and not about winning.

my boss actually had an adverse opinion on the episode,
1. she said it was a directors power trip
2. she didnt like the way they did the story

i voiced out my opinion afterwards, and mentioned that they only had it as a cutscene in the game. other than that, i just respected her thoughts on it.

just like a lot of things, we can have a conversation about things, discuss about stuff, and argue for the sake of learning, and not about winning.
Your boss isn't wrong, director has actually admitted to tricking people into watching an episode about gay love. I did think it was a good story, just out of place in a zombie show.

Your boss isn't wrong, director has actually admitted to tricking people into watching an episode about gay love. I did think it was a good story, just out of place in a zombie show.
well there you go, you learn something new everyday. :thumbsup:

excellent finish. great show for those interested in probably one of the best storylines created by naughty dog.

for the pc gamers, it will be released on pc March 28th.

excellent finish. great show for those interested in probably one of the best storylines created by naughty dog.

for the pc gamers, it will be released on pc March 28th.
The wife and I for whatever reason, haven't watched in a month. Need to get back and finish it.

Wife and I finished The Last of Us last night, and I have one question?

That was it? That was the last episode in the season? At least they didn't leave it on a cliffhanger in case there wasn't a second season.

Wife and I finished The Last of Us last night, and I have one question?
I read two things about this (1) that there will be a second season and (2) there may also be some kind of bridge episode or bonus episode... totally unconfirmed just a rumor I read.

I read two things about this (1) that there will be a second season and (2) there may also be some kind of bridge episode or bonus episode... totally unconfirmed just a rumor I read.
Yeah, I won't go into it so as not to spoil for anybody else, and had heard that it had been renewed for a second season. Be pretty cool if there was a bonus episode.

there is a season 2 confirmed.

there is the last of us 2 GAME, where the story continues on.

the tv series tho, will not encapsulate the entirety of the game and will try to break it into another season or so apparently. or, just completely go a different direction altogether.

one things for sure, clickers are super scarce in the tv series, and focused primarily on the human aspect of the show. i dont mind it, but noticed it like other gamers did.

Back