• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

RAD...in 4K

The DirtMerchant

Famous

I was born in '76. So I was 8 or 9 when this came out. Have no idea if it played in a theater or if it was direct to video...but..
I'm not afraid to admit. I LOVED THIS MOVIE. I clearly remember my older brother betting me I couldn't say every line of the movie (along with the movie playing).
About 1/2 way through, he gave up. Pretty sure I had the whole thing memorized I had watched it so many times.

I am laughing so hard that this will be available in 4k. The dance scene on the bikes? Hell Track! The evil Bart Connor (who is married to Nadia Comaneci!). I used to think he
and the bad guy in Karate Kid were the same guy (I think I was also young enough to still be surprised that people in movies could be in other movies)...

Ahhh...the memories of my youth. BMX Bandits was nothing compared to this. IN FOUR K!!!!!

Ahhhh the BMX days. A company named Redline used to give me their Bikes to ride. Fun times racing around the Northeast. Never seen this film.

you used to race for Redline and you have never seen this flick? Dang!!!

I have seen it but it has obviously been a VERY long time.

Still loves me Lori Loughlin even if she did turn into a felon!

I never had any of that cool shit. I had a cheapie from kmart.

Same
The cool kids had a Diamond Back or Mongoose. I had a second hand Huffy with a loose handgrip and a chain that could go exactly one block before slipping off the sprocket.

I remember saving money to get new wheels from K-Mart. They looked cool as shit but heavy as hell. I think they were Roger De Coster knock-offs.

My sister bought my nephew (2 years younger than me) a mongoose and paid like $200 for it. I thought my parents were gonna shit.

My sister bought my nephew (2 years younger than me) a mongoose and paid like $200 for it. I thought my parents were gonna shit.
Jeez. I guess I need to race to the bottom too.
I didn't put my caveats...but. My Mongoose was given to my brother (meant for me) by a friend of his that had moved on to another bike.
So, my bike was 5 to 10 years old at that point. And was free...otherwise, I wouldn't have had a bike.
My brother's DG, I have no idea how he got it...but somehow I doubt my parents paid for it.

I was born in '76. So I was 8 or 9 when this came out. Have no idea if it played in a theater or if it was direct to video...but..
I'm not afraid to admit. I LOVED THIS MOVIE. I clearly remember my older brother betting me I couldn't say every line of the movie (along with the movie playing).
About 1/2 way through, he gave up. Pretty sure I had the whole thing memorized I had watched it so many times.

I am laughing so hard that this will be available in 4k. The dance scene on the bikes? Hell Track! The evil Bart Connor (who is married to Nadia Comaneci!). I used to think he
and the bad guy in Karate Kid were the same guy (I think I was also young enough to still be surprised that people in movies could be in other movies)...

Ahhh...the memories of my youth. BMX Bandits was nothing compared to this. IN FOUR K!!!!!
Reading comprehension is important!! I was going to say what decade are we talking about , then I read the first line of your post. I got my first bike a couple of years BEFORE you were born. I was going to say "BMX wasn't around then!!" Then I googled. I guess it was born in the early 70's in SoCal. It didn't make it up into my neck of the woods until a decade later. My first bike was a used powder blue bicycle of unknown provenance!! It was a sweet ride. You never forget your first!!!

I had a Sears with yuge aluminum fenders. Everyone laughed at me.
My first bike was from a store Western Auto. They were a small version of sears.

My bike had the fenders plus a "tank" between the bars and a huge light on the front fender. It ws gold and black.

i had none when i was a kid. Too poor to buy one. Food was always first in line if we got the money. My childhood sucks!!!

Back