• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New Kitchen System

Haywood

Famous
I finally have the new TV and the speakers mounted on an articulating mount along with the control unit for the sound system. There are only two things left to do. One is to run roughly 75 ft of Ethernet cable back to my router. The other is to install a 1x2 HDMI distribution amp between the receiver and display in my main system and run a 60 ft HDMI cable to the kitchen setup. Both involve poking a few holes in walls and should be done over the next couple weeks. I am also planning to put a small bookcase in under the TV, which should hide the rest of the wires. Here is how the installation looks:

KitchenSystem1_zps29447f6a.jpg

KitchenSystem2_zps1b927bc8.jpg

Cool!
I mistakenly went out to Best Buy this afternoon, and they had some incredibly inexpensive "door buster" LG TV's piled up by the door, wish I had wall space in my kitchen...

And those speakers/mounts reminded me of something:

tivo-1.jpg

:angelic-green:

If I flipped the mounts around the other way, they really would look like antenna.

Well crap. I finally got the HDMI distribution amp in place and ran the 60 ft HDMI cable around the edges of the living room and around the corner to the kitchen (its a rental house, so that's the best I can do for now). That is when I realized that my receiver does not have HDMI pass-thru for audio. I got picture, but no sound. I ended up sticking the splitter between my Roku box and receiver, because that is the source component we use for 90% of our viewing. I could see this as an opportunity to upgrade my Onkyo TX-SR805, but honestly that would be a waste of money. I will likely look around for a nice external HDMI switcher with audio pass-thru instead. In the meantime, the solution I have works for everything except discs, which we rarely use.

Back