• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New(ish) Living Room Setup

No luck on installing a firmware update. I found instructions on the Martin Logan site but for the life of me I can’t find the actual firmware file. I’ve emailed ML, lets see how responsive their tech support teams are.

Should be good - ML is now under the Anthem/Paradigm umbrella.

That looks amazing. Super clean. Love the shelves. Great solution with that cabinet. Even the sub is unobtrusive.
I agree with everything you say... except about the sub.

I think Towen needs to get rid of that ugly beast immediately. It absolutely ruins the entire look of the room - and I bet it sounds just awful as well.

Just as I did for my friend Zing and his big and ugly SVS sub, I'll jump on that live grenade and take it off your hands Towen. I'm sure it will sit in my own home theatre for years and years before I'll ever be able to fob it off on somebody else.

After all, that's what friends do for friends.

Sincerely,

Jeff

I agree with everything you say... except about the sub.

I think Towen needs to get rid of that ugly beast immediately. It absolutely ruins the entire look of the room - and I bet it sounds just awful as well.

Just as I did for my friend Zing and his big and ugly SVS sub, I'll jump on that live grenade and take it off your hands Towen. I'm sure it will sit in my own home theatre for years and years before I'll ever be able to fob it off on somebody else.

After all, that's what friends do for friends.

Sincerely,

Jeff
You know IiIif my memory serves me correctly this is not the first time Mackwood has offered to help Rosen out with that horribly obtrusive sub.
Now that's a true friend.

Should be good - ML is now under the Anthem/Paradigm umbrella.

Not so great so far. I emailed describing the issue and asked for instructions to do a firmware update. The response I received the next day asked for more specific details on the other equipment I was using as well as a list of things I’d need to provide for a warranty exchange.

I provided all and again asked for assistance troubleshooting and for the firmware. It’s been three days since and I haven’t gotten a response.

I see this with moving from blue ray disc to disc and some other sources it appears that I feel it is from the hdmi connections and the new signal and surround switching audio formats. So one would have to mute the device collecting the sources and sending to the speakers.
Once the encryption, and audio is present then unmute and fade in. The receivers do not do this very well.

Congratulations on a very well executed install. Like others have said, that is very clean. It reminds me of installs I've seen in Scandinavian countries.

Back