• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Nano Technology

Snake Doctor

I have been comparing Nano, OLED, & QLED. Okay it isn’t a scientific test, it is a standing around Cost/Best Buy watching their sets test. Anyway, for the money I think Nano holds its own. I couldn’t tell a concerning difference between the sets. I have a slight problem with reds and greens, so I may not be the best judge.

I compared the QLED and OLED, unfortunately in stores only.
Which also made it difficult to change sources and material, but I saw nothing to justify the price delta for OLED.

No, in the house with better light control ot may be worth it.

I didnt have that option so there is a new 70" QLED here.

I did a lot of reading on the two types. I went with Qled since their is a lot of light in my living room. Our sliding glass patio door does not have any treatment.

From my reading oled is much better for darker rooms.

This is the first I have heard of nano?

I compared the QLED and OLED, unfortunately in stores only.
Which also made it difficult to change sources and material, but I saw nothing to justify the price delta for OLED.

No, in the house with better light control ot may be worth it.

I didnt have that option so there is a new 70" QLED here.
I believe you made the correct choice. Also, OLED "can" have burn-in issues and the QLED doesn't, plus the price difference.

I did a lot of reading on the two types. I went with Qled since their is a lot of light in my living room. Our sliding glass patio door does not have any treatment.

From my reading oled is much better for darker rooms.

This is the first I have heard of nano?
Nano has come out in a couple of different products, LG for sure and either Samsung or Sony I believe. From what little I can gather there is a new Nano (mini) or something like that, coming out in a couple of months which is supposed to be even better. Who knows?

I’ve been out of the game, I guess, as this Nano stuff is new to me. Would be great if it can come close to OLED without the high price.

Anyways… I miss the days when people used to be impressed by my basic Sony 70” LCD/LED. It’s got a nice picture for everyday viewing, but it can’t do HDR or, despite being a VA panel, it also doesn’t get nearly as dark blacks as OLED.

Anyways#2…. My brother either has or had a Samsung QLED tv that I remember him complaining about because he incorrectly thought it was just Samsung’s name for OLED. I never got to see it as he lives out of state. So I’m a little surprised QLED actually might be more than just marketing. Last time my brother moved he upgraded to a real OLED. Everybody’s TV is better than mine. (Sigh.). But they all look the same when viewing the sh!tty compressed signal off Xfinity. That said, if my current TV someday falls off the wall and breaks then I’m gonna be researching NanoCell technology!

I would look at QLED if I was wanting to replace my plasma. OLED has one of the best pictures, but I understand the could have burn in issues, and QLED has a great picture. Nano is very interesting, I was watching it next to a LG OLED, and the screens were close, but keep in mind they were on a LG created loop and jacked up to maximums.

My TV is older so I am trying to do my research now in case something happens. I hate to buy something that will be with me for a long time and not know which product is best. At the time my plasma was a no brainer.

Back