• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Lending games thread - up for it?

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
MatthewB said:
You know guys this may make a great idea for a separate thread but Jomari your idea to loan out a game to another member. You know games you never ever play anymore that other members may be interested in playing. Maybe a few basic rules like....

1. When your done playing the game list it back up as available for another member to try out.
2. If you haven't played the game for a month list it as available for another member.
3. Publicly post thanks to whomever lent you the game and who it's going to next.
4. Realization for everyone that the game you lend out most likely will never get back to you unless specifically agreed to between members.

I have several older games I'd be more than happy to lend to others as I never play them and if someone wants to take the effort to create a thread and try and keep track I have 4-5 games I'll lend out as I know there a few I want to play but can never find the time or ambition to buy them. I wanna try the original Bio-Shock and Star Wars games for the PS3.

Just an idea.

i remembered this posting by matt a few well, almost a year back... and thought id consider a follow up.

i have a ps3 but currently with my cousin, but also a ps4... since andy started playing games on his, i was hoping to see if anyone else would be interested.

i guess just list down your console, your games you are willing to part with, mail it out then when done, return it or shoot it over to someone (with graces from the owner of course), and well, until it goes full circle.

i take good care of my games, and will do the same as well for yours. i would probably send it out in another case (a beater upper probably) and just send you the disc.

three things id be concerned about tho is

1. your full name here - this is full disclosure, youd be giving out your contact information to everyone participating (via pm of course if we choose to) others dont like it, others might not care. just something to be aware of....

2. i trust that when my game goes out the door, that it be taken care of well enough that its not like a blockbuster vhs tape to be teabagged. essentially, i treat the game with the respect i treat my own games.

3. go postal - you can use a tracking system if you want, but i guess if we can use postal delivery services, it avoids any challenges in the future.

if it doesnt work, well, we tried.

anyone wanna borrow 13th warrior the movie? :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

Not sure whether I'd participate, but just throwing out a suggestion that if the owner wants to get his game back maybe put their name and mailing address on or in the case so whoever finishes with it last can send it "home"....sharpie, label or an index card inside should do the trick.

forgot to ask the mods and admins about this one if we are allowed to, but i guess at this point moot.

if frowned upon, just lock up thread. or let us know. i dont mind.

great idea about the owners name on the inside. i was going to ask, who still uses index cards nowadays? :teasing-tease:

just dont show up at my doorstep. :happy-smileygiantred:

without rice. :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

I'd be up for it, but at the moment I only own one game and it was a game I downloaded from the PS store so I can't lend it out.

Once I finish The Last of Us Remastered, I'll buy a couple more games.

jomari said:
forgot to ask the mods and admins about this one if we are allowed to, but i guess at this point moot.

if frowned upon, just lock up thread. or let us know. i dont mind.

great idea about the owners name on the inside. i was going to ask, who still uses index cards nowadays? :teasing-tease:

just dont show up at my doorstep. :happy-smileygiantred:

without rice. :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:
I can't speak for Zing but I can't imagine why it would be frowned upon as long as the property is respected and returned and doesn't create any animosity between anyone. I personally don't see it much differently than allowing a classified section.

AndySTL said:
I'd be up for it, but at the moment I only own one game and it was a game I downloaded from the PS store so I can't lend it out.

Once I finish The Last of Us Remastered, I'll buy a couple more games.

thats the thing, what i like to accomplish is sharing the experience without you investing in such. is that bad? i dunno. its like sharing a game with a couple of friends back in the day. or a cassette, or a vhs. something to that extent.

anyways, im down for it if anyone else is interested.

the games i currently have in physical form

ps4
- The order 1886
- GTA 5
- Infamous second son
- Shadows of mordor

i cant really think of the others but i stil lhave to work on metro and er...i cant remember. too late here... will see tomorrow...

I see no reason not to do this. I can make a "Games On Loan" section in a heartbeat (or just a thread and make it a sticky). I'd like to see it in the Games section of the Media forum but, as Joms alluded to, that's part of the public area which can be read by anyone - forum member or not - so personal information should only be conveyed via PMs. But free discussion of who's got what game(s) available, who's interested in what game(s) and your impressions after playing said game(s) can't do anything but bolster interest.

Back