• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Friend looking for...Projector and Screen for on a boat...but small!

The DirtMerchant

Famous
This is an odd one, but...they live on a boat (unsure of the size).
They would like the portability of a projector and screen that can be rolled up (back into its "container" or actually rolled up)
and put away and the projector can be stored. This will be used for regular viewing inside the cabin...not out on deck.
They only have space for a 40" TV...so...I'm not sure if they can hang the screen temporarily maybe? I haven't seen a picture of the
area yet and I'm not sure I will.

Not much in the way of a budget...let's say less than $500? Or thereabouts...

This isn't something I've looked into, so I don't quite know where to start...
Are there even smaller screens? Everything I saw was like 96" and up, but I wasn't looking for small when I bought my screen a couple years ago.
And how much are those short throw projectors? Are those little tiny projectors any good?
Also, they watch sports regularly and don't want the "ugh" of pixelization. How do projectors do with that...

Thoughts? Ideas?

you may be able to meet that budget if you look at used....Amazon has small screens in the 60” range. I’d look at used Panasonic’s (AE2000/3000) or Epsons. Idk about the application on a boat because of throw distance issues. And I’m personally unfamiliar with the used market for short throw units.

I have a pull-down screen that I used when I taught a photography course, still in its original box, that I have no more use for. Tomorrow I'll figure out how large it is, and post a quote. It'd be WELL within his budget.

Back